• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday watch

Bladerunner

21 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Fantastic new arrival from the fantastic @scottswatches, fantastic service and very much under promise over perform imo, because this watch is stunning and appears to be brand new (if it has been worn, it was sparingly and carefully!)

cwWpuSj.jpeg

I do like a bit of colour. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Fantastic new arrival from the fantastic @scottswatches, fantastic service and very much under promise over perform imo, because this watch is stunning and appears to be brand new (if it has been worn, it was sparingly and carefully!)

cwWpuSj.jpeg

61gJfbc.jpeg

The colours are fantastic, this vibrant blue in the sunshine drops to a deep moody blue away from the autumn rays.

16355903491721823788915544671523.thumb.jpg.e57e3575f71227dc181d8ae42e2e769e.jpg

An absolute beauty and immediate favourite, has significantly improved the overall vibe of my little quartz sub-collectiin box.

Thanks again Scott.

Been eying up a Pendine for a while now but was reluctant to pull the trigger without trying it on 1st.. Ascot is a trek for me so was therefore hoping they'd open the little boutique in Primrose Hill again. Doesn't look like it's happening though. Can I ask what wrist size you are? 

59 minutes ago, Bricey said:

cwWpuSj.jpeg

61gJfbc.jpeg

The colours are fantastic, this vibrant blue in the sunshine drops to a deep moody blue away from the autumn rays.

16355903491721823788915544671523.thumb.jpg.e57e3575f71227dc181d8ae42e2e769e.jpg

An absolute beauty and immediate favourite, has significantly improved the overall vibe of my little quartz sub-collectiin box.

Thanks again Scott.

Excellent photos, and a very nice watch :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Highland Laddie said:

Been eying up a Pendine for a while now but was reluctant to pull the trigger without trying it on 1st.. Ascot is a trek for me so was therefore hoping they'd open the little boutique in Primrose Hill again. Doesn't look like it's happening though. Can I ask what wrist size you are? 

6.75 inches, about 17.5cm, but fairly narrow and round more than flat if that makes any sense. 

Remind me what watches you have (or have had) and their sizes and I'll happily see if I have something similar so you can get a direct comparison of this vs watch you have or similar if that helps?

Got one (I think!?)

Do you have a Marloe Coniston?

This is my wrist shot of my one, to give a comparison of wrist size for the Farer.

74P425Y.jpeg

UCLOArx.jpeg

Vs Farer

cwWpuSj.jpeg

61gJfbc.jpeg

Obviously it wears a little more compact and a fair amount less proud on the wrist being slimmer and having a dome that slopes to the bezel and then a bezel that continues that slope towards the wrist, but it gives a comparison for size with a watch you're familiar with to offer scale and shape of wrist.

1 hour ago, neil wickham said:

I feel these are massively underrated, all down to the poor kickstarter campaign fiasco, but then it does make them very good value for money

Especially this particular one if memory serves, a generous @JayDeep giveaway on this fine forum?

Edited by Bricey
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Breitling superocean 42mm. I am beginning to like the watch again except that the bracelet makes my wrist itch a bit1332174950_20211030_1447462.thumb.jpg.5701a712b25780922fb7febbdd1ddc85.jpgVery strange, I have had similar problems with leather straps before but never with a stainless steel bracelet. Might give it and good scrub with soap and water.

Overall I think its a nice watch for the price.

Edited by chas g
  • Like 12

This morning whilst pratting around with a shed in the pouring rain (at least the shed doesn't leak) I was testing out the water resistance of this. It stayed on my wrist while I, rather more enjoyably, finished off my latest pen on the lathe this afternoon. It's a fine watch indeed :thumbs_up:

20211030_171001.jpg

20211030_170934.jpg

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 9

Well I did something today that has made space in the drawer and maybe one day regret , I have sold all 9 of my Dirty Dozen watches as getting the full set is now somewhat elusive and getting ridiculously expensive and bought this instead a unmolested  1981 14750 GMT 

Perhaps I’ve sold my soul to the Devil that is Rolex 

CF37EE1C-0C1E-4EBD-8095-C948F1072B86.jpeg

Edited by Hotbulb
  • Like 14

55 minutes ago, Hotbulb said:

Well I did something today that has made space in the drawer and maybe one day regret , I have sold all 9 of my Dirty Dozen watches as getting the full set is now somewhat elusive and getting ridiculously expensive and bought this instead a unmolested  1981 14750 GMT 

"If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There’s no use being a damn fool about it."

Usually attributed to W C Fields, but probably not his. Good motto though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotbulb said:

Very nice looking watch - 9/10. I had to deduct 1 mark from you for not lining up your bezel properly. :yes:

You will I am sure enjoy the quality of the watch long after you have forgotten any financial concern. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hotbulb said:

3 minutes ago, Watch Alot said:

Let's try again 

[url=https://imgur.com/IuaPQ3e][img]http://i.imgur.com/IuaPQ3e.jpg[/img][/url]

Try opening your image in a new tab, then copy and past it into your post. If you can't manage, rhen post a link to your picture and I should be able to open it for you.