• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Modded Seiko, 007 or 6309 show and tell

mrteatime

Obviously, @mach 0.0013137 will skip right past this :biggrin: but im looking for some modded seiko's....

Now, those of you who know me from times past, will know i had a "thing" for modded seikos. All in all, i've had around 40. A few monsters, but mainly 007's and 6309 7040's, and a few of the 6309's even had a quartz upgrade (or downgrade depending on your point of view)

After having a few done for me, and having a few bad experiences (Strangetoo & Corbyboy both still have 007's of mine, plus the money and parts) I decided to do it myself. I had some success (again depending on your point of view) and even did a few for people on here. Now, this will show you how long ive been off of the forum, but all my pics were saved to photobucket, and for some reason i can no longer access the pictures! 

Anyway, i digress....Im looking for either some of my old ones, or other modded seikos. I would do them myself, but i no longer have the time or the tools to do them....

so...what do you have?

Nothing currently but like you I do like some of the modded Seikos. I do plan on modding my Samurai when I get some spare time. Nothing too serious though, probably a new bezel insert and some new glass. Will be my first mod so baby steps to start with. Will be nice to see some examples in this thread if any pop up.

3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Modded this 009 years ago with a lighter blue section on the bezel insert as I didn't like the sombre darker blue of the original.

large.Watchpics026.jpg.5ee96c9ad4c01b903d0838b9e8e8936a.jpg

And sourced some specially made Sea Urchin bezel inserts from the USA to convert a black Urchin into an LV...from this...

large.20171024_120351.jpg.809205f70036f8cf225be49d1d7c665f.jpg

...to this...

large.5abaa0131f965_20180327_2044491.jpg.0c6fcc70492eb833fbc2e3db429a2756.jpg

Nice, the first looks awesome on the mesh....that reminds me...i need to pick up a couple.

My favourite all time mod was my yellow beadblasted 6309....that was an amazing watch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrteatime said:

Now, this will show you how long ive been off of the forum, but all my pics were saved to photobucket, and for some reason i can no longer access the pictures! 

Anyway, i digress....Im looking for either some of my old ones, or other modded seikos. I would do them myself, but i no longer have the time or the tools to do them....

so...what do you have?

Photobucket did everyone over a few years ago when they suddenly decided to make us all pay for the priviledge of using them. I put 6309 into the search box and at around page 8 or 9, some of your old posts start to appear. A lot of the pics are missing, but there's still quite a few showing. If you wanted to keep them, I suggest copy and pasting them somewhere else, or downloading them to your device.

There's some pics of a yellow 6309 'Soxa' on page 10, if that's the one you're talking about above...:thumbsup:

These are my customs all put together by yours truly & most based on some sort of Seiko diver.

The black one is made from a Pulsar which has been through many different dial/hand combiations over the years. I've had it a good few years now & this is the latest, & probably final, combination - I have to say that I still don't like it much & rarely wear it.

The latest one I've made is the 6309 alike with the white chapter ring. I don't think this is a genuine 6309 case (or one from whatever the modern Seiko version is called), it uses a Yobokies dial Seikomods hands, the case dial, chapter ring, crystal etc all came as a package off eBay as did the 7s26 movement.

The beige Seiko is a genuine 6309 case into which I've fitted a 6306 (hacking movement with Kanji day display) movement, a Seiko 5 dial & Seiko superior hands, I've also semi-sterilised the case back by machining off the moment/serial info but leaving the Tsunami wave.

The brass one (Ventus Mori) is only slightly modified with a cover for the crown (also made from brass) to make it slightly bigger - it's more in proportion now I think than the slightly too small original one.

:thumbs_up:

20211022_074425.jpg

20210922_074538.jpg

20210405_090520.jpg

20210606_192341.jpg

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, pauluspaolo said:

The latest one I've made is the 6309 alike with the white chapter ring. I don't think this is a genuine 6309 case (or one from whatever the modern Seiko version is called), it uses a Yobokies dial, Seikomods hands & bezel insert, the case, dial, chapter ring, crystal etc all came as a package off eBay as did the 7s26 NH35movement.

:thumbs_up:

20211022_074425.jpg

Edited by pauluspaolo

On 05/11/2021 at 17:34, neil wickham said:

Bought this quite a long time ago with a faulty movement intending to do something with it, but as you can see i haven't.

Ceracoated and all fits together well and everything turns as it should, need to get on with it really725938467664341aa3d011ae70d9b049.jpg

a360c918c0aa47db2fd2afdb8bbad105.jpg

That looks great - I'll not be holding my breath but I look forward to seeing the finished article :thumbs_up:

2 hours ago, spinynorman said:

I really like this one. Looks properly lived in. :thumbsup:

Thanks Norman - I like it & have had it a good few years now. It must be close to being one of the watches I've owned the longest (I've no intention of selling it) but I only rarely wear it. It works fine, & keeps good time, apart from the bi-directional bezel which is extremely hard to turn in either direction. Thanks again for the comment :thumbs_up:

Edited by pauluspaolo

3 hours ago, pauluspaolo said:

That looks great - I'll not be holding my breath but I look forward to seeing the finished article :thumbs_up:

Oh no don't do that for gods sake, every so often i look for a dial but just not finding what i want. Thought about making my own using a scrap on and laying some camp vinyl over it but the pattern is too big for a small space.

Saw a Seiko in another thread with a beige pilot or field type dial i thought might look good, or do i just go a matt black with faux lume in an explorer style, aargh decisions decisions, it might just have to go back in the drawer along with the other couple of projects ive received in the last couple weeks.