• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Micro Dive watch brands

mrteatime

I really like my RZE Endeavour and the Pancor P03 was a nice watch too. Magrette, whilst not a typical dive watch, have some lovely watches too imo.

The upcoming Houtman (mentioned on here today already, from Jason @Houtman Watches Australia) looks very nice as well.

I love my Summiteer, so a Traska Freediver is something I would expect to be very good quality and value.

If we are still able to class Christopher Ward as a microbrand (probably stretching the definition nowadays) then they have some wonderful diver options (see @AVO's recent-ish addition).

The Direnzo Drz03 I recently sold was excellent quality and unique in style (but too big and chunky for me and my wrists).

Elliot Brown divers look amazing and bombproof (despite my own sad dalliance with the brand, not their fault but a previous owners!).

Meccaniche Veneziane do some pretty attractive divers in a range of colourways (see @Alpha550t post yesterday for a nice red option).

For some unusual collaborations, check out Undone, who also allow a degree of customisation to select something relatively unique.

If you like quartz offerings, I love my DuFa and Wolbrook divers, very different to each other, but lovely watches.

HVD (Handwound Vintage Diver) Spectre Diver looks an interesting proposition if you can live with fauxtina. 

And finally, despite the delays and problems experienced by @JayDeep, I really do want to see the Serica 5303 in person when it finally finds its way into the wild.

(I'm quite partial to a microbrand diver).

Whilst not divers, I do like the look of the bezeled pilot offerings from Hemel too.

:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Bow said:

BRICEY!!!!

I WAS TYPING AS FAST AS MY CHUBBY FINGERS AND THUMBS WOULD GO!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, mrteatime said:

whats happened to them all? I had a folder full of them, and only 2 of them are still going....I really liked the Orsa Magdolon but the comapnies gone :(

Aside from helson (which im in contact with already) seem to have any decent offerings.....

@Bricey didn't mention some others that are around now - Off the top of my head there are Zelos / Phoibos / Scurfa / Armida / Borealis / RLG
I have an Armida A1 which would be right up your boulevard! (most of my WRUW posts feature it!)
What are you looking for? - I take it you don't build your own any more?

th?id=OIP.FIObjmXoV9hwPPwW9dSFBwHaEK%26p

"As the horological habitat continues to evolve and change, Microbrands compete ever more fiercely for buyer food to survive.  An increasing population of Microbrands puts even more of a strain on the fragile ecosystem as even big beasts like Seikoli and Grand Seikoli are forced to seek new feeding grounds at higher price points, just to survive.  This, combined with gradual and unrelenting encroachment of Applus Smartwarchia, has already resulted in many species of Microbrand becoming extinct even in our lifetimes.  Other big beasts have seemingly disappeared having migrated to the mythical land of Unobtania.  In many ways the scenario is playing out in a similar fashion to the Quartzimitosis outbreak that ravaged so many species 50 years ago.  We can only hope that world leaders at COP26 can agree global to preserve vital buyers in this devastating Microbrand environmental situation."

:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, PaulBoy said:

@Bricey didn't mention some others that are around now - Off the top of my head there are Zelos / Phoibos / Scurfa / Armida / Borealis / RLG
I have an Armida A1 which would be right up your boulevard! (most of my WRUW posts feature it!)
What are you looking for? - I take it you don't build your own any more?

With the best will in the world, i dont have the time....work takes up a lot of my time, and as much as i would like to just pick up a load of parts and do it myself, i know they would stay in my new shed.....along with my tv dialled speedy....thats been laying in its box, in pieces for 8 years....

4 hours ago, Bricey said:

I really like my RZE Endeavour and the Pancor P03 was a nice watch too. Magrette, whilst not a typical dive watch, have some lovely watches too imo.

The upcoming Houtman (mentioned on here today already, from Jason @Houtman Watches Australia) looks very nice as well.

I love my Summiteer, so a Traska Freediver is something I would expect to be very good quality and value.

If we are still able to class Christopher Ward as a microbrand (probably stretching the definition nowadays) then they have some wonderful diver options (see @AVO's recent-ish addition).

The Direnzo Drz03 I recently sold was excellent quality and unique in style (but too big and chunky for me and my wrists).

Elliot Brown divers look amazing and bombproof (despite my own sad dalliance with the brand, not their fault but a previous owners!).

Meccaniche Veneziane do some pretty attractive divers in a range of colourways (see @Alpha550t post yesterday for a nice red option).

For some unusual collaborations, check out Undone, who also allow a degree of customisation to select something relatively unique.

If you like quartz offerings, I love my DuFa and Wolbrook divers, very different to each other, but lovely watches.

HVD (Handwound Vintage Diver) Spectre Diver looks an interesting proposition if you can live with fauxtina. 

And finally, despite the delays and problems experienced by @JayDeep, I really do want to see the Serica 5303 in person when it finally finds its way into the wild.

(I'm quite partial to a microbrand diver).

Whilst not divers, I do like the look of the bezeled pilot offerings from Hemel too.

:thumbsup:

I WAS TYPING AS FAST AS MY CHUBBY FINGERS AND THUMBS WOULD GO!!!!!!!

nice one, thanks for that :thumbsup:

the brands i loved were Orsa, the ocean 7 was amazing (still going i know but with a much smaller range)

Helson has caught my eye.....Sharkdiver 45mm

• Like 1

I've had Armida, Maranez, Helson, Borealis, Dagaz, Ventus, Artego, Prometheus & many many other microbrand watches in the past, all have been excellent watches. Of those I still have the Armida (A7), Borealis (Oceanaut), Ventus (Mori) & Dagaz (Aurora) and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any/all of them. My most recent arrival is a Zelos Swordfish which is quite superb.

Microbrands, vintage or the smaller/more obscure mainstream watch brands (Aristo, Edox & the like) are my main area of interest. My Edox Worldtimer GMT is superb.

I'm not sure what watches these manufacturers currently produce, or if most/all are still in business even, so I have to say that I look forward to Bricey's posts as he often tells me/us about microbrands I've never even heard of & which are, usually, pretty Interesting :thumbs_up:

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mrteatime said:

With the best will in the world, i dont have the time....work takes up a lot of my time, and as much as i would like to just pick up a load of parts and do it myself, i know they would stay in my new shed.....along with my tv dialled speedy....thats been laying in its box, in pieces for 8 years....

nice one, thanks for that :thumbsup:

the brands i loved were Orsa, the ocean 7 was amazing (still going i know but with a much smaller range)

Helson has caught my eye.....Sharkdiver 45mm

The Helson Sharkdiver (40mm) was absolutely superb - great build & great lume. 

I also owned, back in the day, an Ocean 7 LM1 which was also excellent quality but quite long lug to lug - too big me unfortunately which is why I sold it. 

Another to consider - if you can find one - is Japy. I've had a couple (not at the same time) & the quality on both was outstanding with some unusual/novel design features. One was an auto (Aqutique) & the other quartz (Terrestre). I bought the quartz one after I'd sold the auto (but I also eventually sold it) & wish I'd kept it. They're very collectible now & go for a fair old chunk of dosh :thumbs_up:

6 hours ago, mrteatime said:

whats happened to them all? I had a folder full of them, and only 2 of them are still going....I really liked the Orsa Magdolon but the comapnies gone :(

Aside from helson (which im in contact with already) seem to have any decent offerings.....

Hello Shawn!!!!

2 hours ago, Ugg10 said:

Spotted these a few months ago and really liked, Charle Paris watches (dodgy name I know).

https://charlie-paris.com/en/pages/concordia

Their divers have a Blancpain Bathyscaphe look to them, they use the STP1-11 movement too plus they have a bricks and mortar shop.

They do one that has a touch of the black bay about it to.

Screenshot_20211031-203428_eBay.thumb.jpg.cdac0485ae9fb682f3352b399fb4377c.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diver-watch-Charlie-Paris-Concordia-Dune-Limited-Edition-300-M-/255065892904?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=724-127637-2357-0

3 hours ago, PaulBoy said:

Shawn ... Here's a blast from the past for you - We obviously had similar tastes back in the "good old days"  - I'm pretty sure the Seiko was a mod you did for me?...

2199596964_5d1d9de8fa_b.jpg

orsa

seiko 6309 dial

oh god...i need al three of those...i'd be happy man :biggrin:

Yeah, that seiko is immense, as is the ocean 7 and the orsa

Ive finally got my mojo back....after years of only wearing my nd sub.....the jsar is the only one from back in the day (along with my poljot) that i have

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, neil wickham said:

There are certainly a few lookers in previous posts, my last micro diver addition was a Helm Vanatu, full kit with extras, two bracelets and bezels, and yet i wear it on this rubber camp strap i picked up

2bad14d86199b2634aa20fe48c5afb85.jpg

Straps not that camp.

Or is that a YMCA reference?