• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Black Friday Bargain post

antjrice

36 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Probably due to the lack of that logo, and the placement of a more subtle unobtrusive one.

C60-42A5D3-T0BG0-HBO_Picture_1.jpg?sw=20

It has indeed received a lot of praise but as a fan of CW, it's not for me. I don't doubt it's a marvel as it's claimed to be by great lume aside, it doesn't go far enough for me and doesn't really look like more of a skeleton dial to me. 

A little more inspration from a AP Royal Oak Consept would've interested me even if the price came up. Also it surprised me that they prefered it on the 'requires the strenght of Thanos to mould' hybrid strap.

In summary, I think they weren't sure how this would go over and went too safe on design, risk and production volume.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antjrice said:

It has indeed received a lot of praise but as a fan of CW, it's not for me. I don't doubt it's a marvel as it's claimed to be by great lume aside, it doesn't go far enough for me and doesn't really look like more of a skeleton dial to me. 

A little more inspration from a AP Royal Oak Consept would've interested me even if the price came up. Also it surprised me that they prefered it on the 'requires the strenght of Thanos to mould' hybrid strap.

In summary, I think they weren't sure how this would go over and went too safe on design, risk and production volume.

I do not like skeleton watches, and I have a problem with the current CW logo. However, for some inexplicable reason I do like that watch.

40 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Just a quick pic, not the best lighting, of the Sealander that arrived during the storm this evening.

Christopher Ward 'C63 Sealander' C63-39ADA3-S00W0-B0 (Cal: SW200-1)

Christopher Ward C63 Sealander Automatic C63-39ADA3-S00W0-B0 (Cal SW200-1)

I really like the look of the green dialled sealander, but that looks good for a white dial with white hands. Unfortunately re the green dial I’ve just got other avenues for the funds at the minute - camper van needs some work.

Enjoy your purchase.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

Just a quick pic, not the best lighting, of the Sealander that arrived during the storm this evening.

That's a stunner! & even your quick pics are light years ahead of anything I can do ... :notworthy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/11/2021 at 08:01, antjrice said:

Shouldf anyone actually buy a watch today in a Black Friday sale, let's hear about it here.

I was surfing till midnight, but being very good, and only bought a bracelet and a strap.  And, ummm...  two watches had already arrived Wednesday. 

Something will have to go to sales corner!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Littlelegs said:

I really like the look of the green dialled sealander, but that looks good for a white dial with white hands. Unfortunately re the green dial I’ve just got other avenues for the funds at the minute - camper van needs some work.

Enjoy your purchase.

The green dial looks good too, had a hard time deciding between the two, but white won out in the end. Hopefully your funds improve and you can get the green dial soon. :)

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Graham60 said:

Sorry, I missed this yesterday. I have the black dial version and it’s fantastic. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AVO said:

Sorry, I missed this yesterday. I have the black dial version and it’s fantastic. Enjoy!

I don't think the pictures do this watch justice, the Sealander looks good on pics online, but in person it's much better looking, and size, finishing, legibility etc it's just perfect, really, really happy i decided to buy it, think this is going to be a very popular range for CW. :)

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

I don't think the pictures do this watch justice, the Sealander looks good on pics online, but in person it's much better looking, and size, finishing, legibility etc it's just perfect, really, really happy i decided to buy it, think this is going to be a very popular range for CW. :)

I would hope so too. Since I got mine early in September it has certainly been my most frequently worn watch.

Edited by AVO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrF-UK82 said:

Not sure if anyone spotted this deal but £187 is an absolute bargain. Had my eye on a Le Locle for a while now and couldn't resist it any longer, especially with 64% discount! :laugh:

Tissot Watch Le Locle Mens T0064071105300 Watch | Jura Watches

Well it would be just plain rude not to take that offer up. 
many thanks for the tip off and link.:thumbs_up:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, bridgeman said:

Well it would be just plain rude not to take that offer up. 
many thanks for the tip off and link.:thumbs_up:

Definitely rude not to mate :laugh: 

It actually seems too good to be true, and I am waiting for Jura to email me saying its conveniently "out of stock" due to their error!! haha