• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday Watch

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Seiko ‘Caesar’ SNDA15 (7T92-0JG0)
Made in two variants, the chronos run the 7T92 quartz movement, the later (3rd) version of the famous 7T32, minus the alarm, while the non chrono versions are Kinetics. There were two dial colours for each, black or yellow. This is a large beast, and not for the feint hearted or even feint wristed, being 49mm across (46 less the crown) and 13.8mm deep. The name 'Caesar' seems to relate to the shape of the case when viewed from the side, where it bears a somewhat fanciful resemblance to a Roman emperor’s crown. Nice touches include the reverse end of the second hand (9.00 sub dial) being lumed, and the indentations on the bezel line up with those on the case when in the correct position. The case back has a battery change reminder scale (found on the 'Sawtooth' as well) and also tells you which battery to use.  It also features Seiko’s famous ‘Tsunami’ logo in the centre.

Side view and possible source of the nickname.

Seiko 'Caesar'.

Crown side showing the screw down pushers as well as the oversized screw down crown.

Seiko 'Caesar'.

Seiko 'Caesar'.

Seiko 'Caesar'.

• Like 17

Citizen Eco drive today.E3BC40F2-5385-479F-90FC-328A719CB431.thumb.jpeg.ab7db3a0479031615a2ad56d6ddaef7e.jpeg

Is it me or are we seeing more and more watches being presented as watch if the day yet it’s so obvious that they are just being posted- the giveaways are the time on the watch v the time loaded and the dates. nono.gif.dca32c6211babeff3cadfe0f716b6854.gif.8903b405889eb01607f0582c2f06e4fc.gif

I know I’m a newbie but come on let’s get back to the spirit of this thread.  groan.gif.47487bf08cdd6715ec7f2cf32c725fb2.gif
There we are I’ve had my whinge for the day. No doubt I’m going to get a right kicking as well.

Have a good one thumbsup.gif.7c32979e9ecbe7b04dfe62f328de78af.gif

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Welsh Wizard said:

Citizen Eco drive today.E3BC40F2-5385-479F-90FC-328A719CB431.thumb.jpeg.ab7db3a0479031615a2ad56d6ddaef7e.jpeg

Is it me or are we seeing more and more watches being presented as watch if the day yet it’s so obvious that they are just being posted- the giveaways are the time on the watch v the time loaded and the dates. nono.gif.dca32c6211babeff3cadfe0f716b6854.gif.8903b405889eb01607f0582c2f06e4fc.gif

I know I’m a newbie but come on let’s get back to the spirit of this thread.  groan.gif.47487bf08cdd6715ec7f2cf32c725fb2.gif
There we are I’ve had my whinge for the day. No doubt I’m going to get a right kicking as well.

Have a good one thumbsup.gif.7c32979e9ecbe7b04dfe62f328de78af.gif

My dates are always correct, though I quite often move the hands so they aren't obscuring the date window, logo etc, usually into the familiar 10 to 2 position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

My dates are always correct, though I quite often move the hands so they aren't obscuring the date window, logo etc, usually into the familiar 10 to 2 position.

In fairness the comment wasn’t made against your posts. I actually think that your posts are one of the most constructive because you do give background to your watches which to me is what it’s all about and I personally really like the effort that you put into it so thank you clap2.gif.5ce8fea1d9c7396a749bbe37404e82c7.gif

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Welsh Wizard said:

In fairness the comment wasn’t made against your posts. I actually think that your posts are one of the most constructive because you do give background to your watches which to me is what it’s all about and I personally really like the effort that you put into it so thank you clap2.gif.5ce8fea1d9c7396a749bbe37404e82c7.gif

Thank you! I started to do this a few months ago as I thought it would be nice to give a little more info rather than just putting 'Today's watch', or no comment at all, just a picture. In all fairness, it has been pretty well received, and as I mentioned when I started, I won't do it every time, just now and again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, scottswatches said:

And now for something completely different 

2021-11-06_08-25-30

2005 Carl F. Bucherer Patravi chronograph with grande date and power reserve.

I am being drawn ever more towards this brand, that is very nice and i don't have any tonneau shaped watches

4 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Seiko ‘Caesar’ SNDA15 (7T92-0JG0)
Made in two variants, the chronos run the 7T92 quartz movement, the later (3rd) version of the famous 7T32, minus the alarm, while the non chrono versions are Kinetics. There were two dial colours for each, black or yellow. This is a large beast, and not for the feint hearted or even feint wristed, being 49mm across (46 less the crown) and 13.8mm deep. The name 'Caesar' seems to relate to the shape of the case when viewed from the side, where it bears a somewhat fanciful resemblance to a Roman emperor’s crown. Nice touches include the reverse end of the second hand (9.00 sub dial) being lumed, and the indentations on the bezel line up with those on the case when in the correct position. The case back has a battery change reminder scale (found on the 'Sawtooth' as well) and also tells you which battery to use.  It also features Seiko’s famous ‘Tsunami’ logo in the centre.

Side view and possible source of the nickname.

Seiko 'Caesar'.

Crown side showing the screw down pushers as well as the oversized screw down crown.

Seiko 'Caesar'.

Seiko 'Caesar'.

Seiko 'Caesar'.

Wow thats one helluva watch, id always discounted these and similar as well just silly attention grabbers for the gorilla wristed, but after seeing your pics and the write up, oh and the colour, im going to take a fresh look at them.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Welsh Wizard said:

I'm not changing the date on my non-quickset watches if they are more than 5 days adrift!  And it is also a frequent thing to take a picture at an opportune moment for the snap, but not get round to uploading it until later.  Sometimes much later!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1