• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday watch

Watches are weird.

I have a 30 watch collection and in any manner of scoring, ranking or measurement* this would be bottom 5.

qd1dVOe.jpeg

COeCaCB.jpeg

I could (and think I have, previously) list the reasons why it's a bit rubbish. There is no single design choice that couldn't be improved, no single standout feature that is my favourite type of anything.

If every poster on here was to rank my current 30, I'd be amazed if anyone placed it higher than 25 and many would put it firmly in the 'relegation zone'.

And yet I love it. Way more than it deserves. And way more than I can explain or understand.

Weird!

* except, ironically as it is a watches main purpose, for timekeeping accuracy as it is one of just six quartz in the 30. Strangely this is, within reasonable margins, one of the least important aspects to me!

Double weird!

• Like 11

Today’s a special day and this watch belonged to my late father who passed away 5 1/2 years ago aged 92. He served in the RAF during the 2nd World War and flew 40 bombing missions, which was quite unheard of , most crews on average only managed 12.  This was his last watch which I kept for posterity. RIP Dad

A1EEC753-B4BE-4159-B7A2-2676CAB5B953.thumb.jpeg.311d79d654a2ab9ef8712d1aaa51b963.jpeg

thanks5.gif.266aa4e19b1a782100b145ddaada81dd.gif

Lets all remember the sacrifices of the past. Pray.png.1d826813403e9c36d512283efca3b577.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Agree 1