• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

discover an amazing Chinese Tourbillon Watch

Hello everyone, I’ve been reading The Watch Forum for a while and read a lot of informative posts.

While browsing around I found this Blue-and-White Tourbillon from Memorigin really looks nice. I love the traditional Chinese art, combining this into fashionable watch, I can’t help but admire the exquisite craftsmanship and design

A tourbillion is one of the most complex, yet utterly useless features on a wristwatch.  Designed IIRC in 1805 by Breguet to compensate position loss in pocket watches it was remarkable, but pocket watches tend to stay at the same angle for long periods.  A well set up wrist watch, that is being worn and therefore consistently changing angles, doesn't need this feature.

I have had one, and it was interesting for about a month

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hum Phan said:

I can share the image of the tourbillon watch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQpqdtpjGE8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

MNA2wep.jpg

That does look pretty incredible to present oriental traditional culture, Memorigin makes some fabulous looking pieces

I do not personally attest to their quality, but it seems people here who hold them with a high appreciative

I think that a tourbillon can be a beautiful complication to behold, and I suppose that is it's real "purpose" these days. The blue and white hands on the Memorigin watch doesn't bother me as I reckon they are reasonably legible while offering the least distraction from the blue and white pattern on the dial. Far better than that awful willow pattern-style timepiece shown by @SolaVeritate, which makes my eyes go squiffy.:)

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I expected these to be £39.99 from AliExpress, but no, you can't get them there. 3-20K Euros and quite a hunt to find somewhere that looks safe to buy from.

https://bartels-watches.com/en/collections/memorigin?page=3

It's a hard call. No UK AD network or track record will make anything of that value almost impossible to retail outwith it's manufacturing/geographic environment. I wouldn't even give them a second look or thought.

• Agree 2

On 22/11/2021 at 19:26, KY2018 said:

That does look pretty incredible to present oriental traditional culture, Memorigin makes some fabulous looking pieces

I do not personally attest to their quality, but it seems people here who hold them with a high appreciative

I think they have a better quality:yes: