• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tuesday 23rd November WRUW

Sulie

4 hours ago, Bricey said:

Guess who:

a) can't sleep.

b) snuck a bunch of watches in his socks.

cHxAP2W.jpg

2TEkmYZ.jpg

Was worried you'd all miss me if I went too quiet for a couple of days, those fake Internet points don't earn themselves you know!

X

Definitely going to miss your many (mostly amusing) posts while you are under the knife, so look forward to a rush of them when you are all sorted - Good luck, I'm sure it will be a breeze!

Despite nearly 200 views, no one seems to want this diver currently languishing in the Classifieds, so it's back in the rotation :whistle:

large.1124256322_aquanerobraceletwrist.jpg.4e827a02333d7c0f5049b05217b8b10b.jpg

large.330829377_aquaneroblueperflume.jpg.97de481976d8e518b22063a2ff165f38.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Omega SMP today. Model 2231.80. Made in two versions, one with a black dial and this one with an electric blue dial. The full size case, bezel and insert, 'Bond' bracelet and crowns are all titanium. Calibre 1120 (a modified ETA 2892-A2) self winding chronometer with rhodium plated finish and 44 hour power reserve. Rhodium plated sword hands. Domed, sapphire anti reflective crystal. Bezel insert has blue enamelled numbers and markers. Luminova to indices and hands. 45mm diameter. Serial number dates it to 1999-2000, the blue models first appearing in 1999. Some enthusiasts maintain that this is one model that Omega should have kept. The black version was the commoner of the two, though I've never seen one on the forum and I've certainly not seen another blue one here for a long time...I think Mike (Blue Knight) might have/have had one.

Omega.

Omega SMP

Omega Cal. 1120

Omega SMP. Lume

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Omega SMP today. Model 2231.80. Made in two versions, one with a black dial and this one with an electric blue dial. The full size case, bezel and insert, 'Bond' bracelet and crowns are all titanium. Calibre 1120 (a modified ETA 2892-A2) self winding chronometer with rhodium plated finish and 44 hour power reserve. Rhodium plated sword hands. Domed, sapphire anti reflective crystal. Bezel insert has blue enamelled numbers and markers. Luminova to indices and hands. 45mm diameter. Serial number dates it to 1999-2000, the blue models first appearing in 1999. Some enthusiasts maintain that this was one model that Omega should have kept. The black version was the commoner of the two, though I've never seen one on the forum and I've certainly not seen another blue one here for a long time...I think Mike (Blue Knight) might have/have had one.

Omega.

Omega SMP

Omega Cal. 1120

Both are breathtaking. Beautiful,  thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

Good luck , Bricey , we will all be wishing you the best :thumbsup:

Thanks Taz, and indeed all who have messaged or posted such lovely thoughts and comments, it has really meant a lot as a new comer to have been afforded such kindnesses. 

@Welsh Wizard had given me a heads up regarding the pain in the aftermath of the surgery having had his own hip done recently, but I'm not to proud to admit I still underestimated just how much discomfort I'd be in last night and today. Lots of pain meds and barely a dent in the discomfort levels. 

Look after hour hips people.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Thanks Taz, and indeed all who have messaged or posted such lovely thoughts and comments, it has really meant a lot as a new comer to have been afforded such kindnesses. 

@Welsh Wizard had given me a heads up regarding the pain in the aftermath of the surgery having had his own hip done recently, but I'm not to proud to admit I still underestimated just how much discomfort I'd be in last night and today. Lots of pain meds and barely a dent in the discomfort levels. 

Look after hour hips people.

Hope you're on the mend soon mate :thumbs_up:

large_long.jpg.91fb84703a37de93d3175f8e1c072fea.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Bricey said:

Guess who:

a) can't sleep.

cHxAP2W.jpg

2TEkmYZ.jpg

Was worried you'd all miss me if I went too quiet for a couple of days, those fake Internet points don't earn themselves you know!

X

All the best Colin hope to hear from you soon :yes:

• Thanks 1

I’m back to my old favourite today. My fabulous Citizen Promaster Tough. Best value for money watch that I have ever owned.

D963CF5F-E908-4976-A077-8659F6317CB4.thumb.jpeg.cab0092e29b45de036e32498f69ea215.jpeg

.it’s great to see @Briceyis back full of enthusiasm. Get well quickly but don’t overdo it. For that pain management just remember the words “ more Oramorph please” It’s bloody marvellous.

Have a good day allsunny.gif.6c36ccaca925a4e69df2cf387748626d.gif thumbsup.gif.cec03409b02fd4cef46062748dac93df.gif

5806FDD0-B7E0-407F-928C-E9B242109F3B.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Bricey said:

Guess who:

a) can't sleep.

cHxAP2W.jpg

2TEkmYZ.jpg

X

Did you really take 'watches' into the hospital, thats very keen, up my way youd be lucky to not have your clothes nicked let alone watches. Get well soon. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Dilly said:

Did you really take 'watches' into the hospital, thats very keen, up my way youd be lucky to not have your clothes nicked let alone watches. Get well soon. 

Private room in a private hospital with a safe, and I took some of the second division watches.

The watches at home with an unchecked Rocky might be at greater risk  he might fancy wearing my 1977 DateJust to high-school 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bricey said:

Seems that even going private you have to do your own bed bath.

so thats what you were really after , dirty boy !

2 hours ago, Bricey said:

yah right ! enough of the smulch ... stop laying about and get some watches sold .

2 hours ago, Bricey said:

Lots of pain meds ...

drugs too , you're a wrong 'un and no mistake :rolleyes:

fyi, same watch as yesterday :thumbsup:

Edited by Rotundus
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

My latest purchase, always fancied this having seen it on Jomashop but got it last week from H Samuel for £131 so it got snapped up. It is very comfortable and even the wife thinks its looks expensive and shes a snob. My only slight dissapointment is the dial normally looks very dark, the green only comes out in direct light. 

Titanium.PNG

• Like 8