• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Just arrived as part of a job lot with a Kered (of course)

Eaglegale

Just bought 4 other watches as a job lot with a Kered.  The Kered is actually an August 1964 Seiko Sportsman Calendar pretending to be a Kered.  I have one like that already, but far as I can see they are quite rare, so I bought it anyway!  

It was an interesting lot of five vintage watches.  The Kered, a 1978 Timex Mercury, a Sekonda, an Adora, and a watch marked "Ekonkar".   The Adora has an FHF 72 movement and the watch marked "Ekonkar" has an EB 8800 with no second hand.  I've yet to open the other three to check the movements.  The cases all need a bit of a clean, and the Sekonda isn't just running, it's sprinting!

Adora-2-25-Nov-21.jpg

Adora doesn't seem too common as a brand.  I reckon it's 50's/60's from the look of it.  Is it the Adolf Rapp one?  The logo looks most like the Adolf Rapp logo shown on Mikrolisk.

Adora-1-25-Nov-21.jpg

I Googled "Ekonkar" and it's not a watch brand but a phrase from Sikhism.  It means "There is only one God".  This symbolises the importance of the belief in the oneness of God and the oneness of humanity (the belief that everyone is equal).

ekonkar-1-Nov-2021.jpg

ekonkar-2-Nov-2021.jpg

• Like 1

Probably you found these already, but there's a couple of Ek-Onkar watches on Worthpoint, which unfortunately never provides anything helpful. Similar watches, but a different typeface, and hyphenated.

image.png.4e0b4760e0c2ff66955598e831ecb70b.png

Purely coincidentally, this Dimetron came up in the same search, looks suspiciously similar and is listed in Mikrolisk.

image.png.91944f7a4d79c37d7155610029ce8ab5.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Probably you found these already, but there's a couple of Ek-Onkar watches on Worthpoint, which unfortunately never provides anything helpful. Similar watches, but a different typeface, and hyphenated.

image.png.4e0b4760e0c2ff66955598e831ecb70b.png

Purely coincidentally, this Dimetron came up in the same search, looks suspiciously similar and is listed in Mikrolisk.

image.png.91944f7a4d79c37d7155610029ce8ab5.png

Yes, I'd seen that hyphenated one, and yes, the Dimetron looks very like those Ekonkars.  Great spot!  Thanks.

The Timex, with an M25, and the Sekonda with a 19-jewel Raketa 2609-HA.

Mercury-1-26-Nov-21.jpg

Mercury-2-26-Nov-21.jpg

Sekonda-2-26-Nov-21.jpg

Sekonda-1-26-Nov-21.jpg

• Like 1