• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Friday at last. Hurray!

This Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouser came from an American collector in 2014. Dating from 1977 (date code N7 on caseback), it's quite a small watch at only 34mm, so probably a ladies or child's model... in fact it has been appropriated by the 710, hence why I sought out the Lorus MM (shown earlier in the month) for myself. It uses the slightly later 2192 movement, in which one of the two tuning fork coils was replaced with a counterweight. It has been recalibrated to take a 377 cell, which unusually fits upside down, ie. +ve side down. This doesn't affect the timekeeping in any way, and the watch still has the famous seamlessly sweeping second hand and distinctive Accutron hum when held to the ear. According to the collector I bought it from, it was originally purchased in Disneyland, Florida. It came on an expanding 'Spiedel' bracelet, but I changed this for a white sharkskin strap, as my wife didn't like the tight fit of the Spiedel. It was given a complete service by our own electronic watch maestro Paul (Silverhawk) in 2015 including strip down, clean, lube, and case re-polish. I have never seen another Bulova 'Mickey' apart from the ones in Paul's collection and it remains one of the most expensive watches I own.

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse Watch

Bulova Accutron, Mickey Mouse.

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse watch

• Like 10
  • Thanks 8