• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday 27th Stormy WRUW?

Jet Jetski

Seiko SKZ251 'Frankenmonster'. The second watch I bought after joining in 2009. Produced from 2007 - 2009, this is one of the few watches I bought brand new. Quite large at 47mm, it runs the cal. 7S36, 23 jewel auto movement. There is a decorative 'waffle' texture to the bottom level of the dial, bezel edge and bracelet links, and it has an oversized, signed screw down crown.  Lume is Seiko's usual crazy 'Lumibrite'. This watch was also available with either a black, blue or orange dial in addition to the yellow shown here. The orange is the hardest to find. Unusual 3 level dial with the hour hand on the bottom level, minute hand over the second level and the second hand over the rehaut. The 'Frankenmonster' nickname (Seiko owners love their nicknames!) comes from the 3 decorative hex bolts in the tuna shroud that resemble the contacts in Frankenstein's monster's neck. Although a Seiko 5, like all scarce Seiko models, this one is appreciating nicely among collectors if you can find one.

Seiko 'Frankenmonster' lume

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Back after a couple of difficult days, hope you all enjoyed the peace and quiet.

My two 65's arrived back yesterday from Duncan's review, having set aside the ratty para I'd been wearing it on I'm trying to decide between the nice looking (if a little stiff) black hybrid.

orvoRAo.jpeg

21KvbCX.jpeg

And the sandy brown leather CW.

XboWexj.jpeg

te4j9AS.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Back after a couple of difficult days, hope you all enjoyed the peace and quiet.

My two 65's arrived back yesterday from Duncan's review, having set aside the ratty para I'd been wearing it on I'm trying to decide between the nice looking (if a little stiff) black hybrid.

orvoRAo.jpeg

21KvbCX.jpeg

And the sandy brown leather CW.

XboWexj.jpeg

te4j9AS.jpeg

Leather for me - the markers match the strap very nicely. Hope you’re on the mend!

26 minutes ago, Boots said:

Like @Welsh Wizard I had my Covid booster yesterday, so a quiet day in for me.

large._T6A6373.JPG.2c1eb93668528514fdbaff8b0d757650.JPG

Love that.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

Morning

large.20211012_160634.jpg.11225fb2b56fbcbfb8d622ae326a4bbd.jpg

Hey buddy, I owe you a massive thanks. I received a little package for Rocky upon my return.

1TACxNu.jpeg

CTqLcu1.jpeg

You, sir, are a diamond. He'll love it (when he, his brother and my father-in-law escape 10 day covid isolation, they all tested positive the day I was discharged!)

• Like 9

A light dusting of wet snow/sleet left on the rooftops with "light cloud and a fresh breeze" to look forward to, according to the BBC weather app. I shall be off later to do my best Jobsworth impression in the carpark of the local vaccination centre. :biggrin: Meanwhile, this Allaine with 21J FHF 73 seemed due for an outing.

large.4305701A-2147-40C4-A8D5-27A69086C0FC.jpeg.4b5725e19dc409d0ef14604b3cd82462.jpeg

Allaine is better know for the smuggler's favourite gold-plated automatics, so this chrome plated hand winder is unusual. In this advert from September 1958, the company was called Saras Watch and was on a, presumably unsuccessful hunt for agents and distributers in the UK.

image.png.70dbdee0d7178044835b13813c6c4d46.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1