• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

'holy Grail' Collectable?

Forgive me if this has also been asked before but what watch would be the 'Holy Grail' collectable? Possibly Buzz Aldrin’s Speedy Pro – the first watch worn on the moon?

Armstrong left his in the LM during his EVA so Aldrin’s watch was allegedly there first.

Subsequently this watch went ‘missing’ many years ago when Buzz was traveling with some light fingered baggage handler being held to blame.

Yeah, the true grail watch is different for everyone. It all depends on your tastes and what is important to you. But I agree Aldrin's Speedy would be a pretty cool one to have.

Matt

All NASA issued astronaut watches are the property of the US Govenment and as such not for sale but Aldrin's Speedy must be somewhere......

Yeah, the true grail watch is different for everyone. It all depends on your tastes and what is important to you. But I agree Aldrin's Speedy would be a pretty cool one to have.

Matt

All NASA issued astronaut watches are the property of the US Govenment and as such not for sale but Aldrin's Speedy must be somewhere......

As I deal with the US Gov't on property issues on a regular basis, I understand what you're saying. However, pilots are a different issue entirely IME, and that goes triple for astronauts. I just can't imagine some NASA supply officer with his hand out requesting the return of a watch from a man who walked on the moon :fyou::blink::lol:

Matt

As I deal with the US Gov't on property issues on a regular basis, I understand what you're saying. However, pilots are a different issue entirely IME, and that goes triple for astronauts. I just can't imagine some NASA supply officer with his hand out requesting the return of a watch from a man who walked on the moon :fyou::blink::lol:

I'd like to hear the reply he would get! :eek::lol:

I have mine!

My Grandfather's Seiko 5 6119 from 1975.

I loved it from the moment I saw it all those years ago.

Sadly he passed away on Xmas eve 1980.I wear the watch quite a lot and have only owned it for the past 12 months or so.My Dad kept it hidden in a drawer for 25 years and then offered it to me out of the blue!

It cost £59 back then.

It is a really good looking watch and it has so much sentimental value attached to it that it's priceless to me.

Taking about grail watches, has anybody been searching for there's and when they eventually find it it's just not for them :)

I'm 111% sure that an RAF-issued IWC Mk II will just sit perfectly on my arm ... although not in my bank account :lol:

Okay agree with you on that, actually I think that would look good on my arm as well :D