• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Mondaine Hybrid watch, best of both worlds or am I on my own

Fearnie

Hi All, 

I just ordered one of the 2nd generation smart watches from Mondaine, as a want to play with the tech but don't love the look of the full screen smart watch.

They are on offer at amazon at the moment for between £110-£150 

I like the classic look with the clever bits hidden

What do you think?

Not too sure myself. Seems like a massive compromise having one of these hybrids. Don't think its actually going to anything really that smart on the watch to be honest. I personally would either go for a proper smart watch or just a normal watch. Not some half baked hybrid. But it does look nice and if it covers all the things you want it to do then great!

I loved my apple watch but once I started down the dark path of WISery it got left to one side, relegated to an alarm clock until even that was taken from it by alexa. Eventually sold it to someone wishing to try the smartwatch phenomenon for a reasonable price so it owed me nothing. I now have a huawei or some such smart band that does everything I wanted of the apple watch for £20. I bought it for the gym but lockdowns put paid to that and I've lost the charger for it but don;t really miss it so I doubt I'll actually replace it.

Well, it arrived, I played with it, it went back to Amazon ;-) 

The issue with model in that the Bluetooth connection to the watch is very spotty even when its in your pocket so notifications of messages and calls are really random. 

It was a very pretty thin and nicely made but needs more development

Still it was worth a look

3 hours ago, Fearnie said:

It was a very pretty thin and nicely made but needs more development

Shame it didn't work out, since you seem to like the watch. I remember having problems with the bluetooth connection between my phone and other devices probably 5-6 years ago, but BT connection really shouldn't be an issue now. The problem with smart watches is they're either made by technology companies that know nothing about watches, or watch manufacturers who have no clue about technology. :biggrin: