• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Gorgeous new Omega Globemaster launched, but

scottswatches

OMEGA_130.23.41.22.11.001_03.jpg

What a thing of beauty!  Only three things put me off.  One is it is only available in 41mm, and I would prefer a couple of mil smaller.  The second thing is the price - £9,640.  The third is the steel version without the gold bezel is £2,410 less, so they would have to use 80g of 18k gold to make the bezel to justify the price difference and they don't - an entire vintage Datejust on a bracelet weighs 87g (nearest watch to hand)

But bravo to whoever designed it.  The model has been out for a while but this new colour dial is magnificent!

• Like 6

The gold/red (or is it brown) version is a bit bling for me and if I were spending north of £7k on a dressier omega with interesting complications then I would prefer a GO Panomaticluna for a similar price (on line seller not AD) plu sit is a whole 1mm smaller (40mm).

This

omega-constellation-globemaster-13033412 or W19002463235.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

They are stunning watches. with the tungsten carbide bezel and coaxial movement these things are tough as nails. 

As above though i wish it was 39mm like the non calendar version, i suspect however the increase in complication has led to the increase in size. 

That Burgandy is gorgous and is the one used on the new Deville in sedna gold

https://www.bing.com/search?q=deville+tresor+sedna+burgundy&FORM=AWRE

39 minutes ago, Ugg10 said:

The gold/red (or is it brown) version is a bit bling for me and if I were spending north of £7k on a dressier omega with interesting complications then I would prefer a GO Panomaticluna for a similar price (on line seller not AD) plu sit is a whole 1mm smaller (40mm).

This

omega-constellation-globemaster-13033412 or W19002463235.png

The GO is stunning, and a far better watch, however we need to compare apples and apples. Yes you can get the GO for around £6500 (£8900 RRP), bout you can also get the Omega cheaper at around £5000 (£7200 RRP)

I would also suggest that the Annual Calendar complication is quite rare and complicated in a mechanical watch. i cant think of any annual calendar watch other than the Conny for less than £10000, most are north of 15K