• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thank crunchy it’s Friday 17th December

Sulie

2 hours ago, Sulie said:

Morning all.. still one with the hummer  :yes: have a good one if you can 

L9EiBUD.jpg

Starting the day with a Hummer sounds good to me…:yes:

Still staying with my self imposed SEIKO theme for this week...you can all consider yourselves MOONED!!! :yes:

moon.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Seiko SRP043K1 aka the 'Spork'.

Sporting the 4R15-00D0 auto movement with a 50 hr power reserve, (according to spec) the Spork had a limited run and was discontinued in 2011. It's a large watch, 45mm in diameter, 49mm incl. the crown and 13.5mm thick. Crystal is Hardlex. Other features include a recessed case back which adds to comfort on the wrist, date window between the 4 and 5 markers, screw down crown at 4 and a divers wetsuit extension in the bracelet clasp. Although the bracelet end link/lug width is 20mm, the first 'proper' link is 25mm across the lug ends and tapers to 22mm at the clasp. It is superbly made and very heavy duty. The lume is Seiko's superb 'Lumibrite' . There are two thoughts on the origin of the nickname 'Spork', namely that although technically a diver, it has a pilot's watch dial...so a cross between the two, like a Spork...a cross between a spoon and a fork that campers will be familiar with. I feel this is rather fanciful and my preferred thought is that the name derives from rearranging the letters and zero in the model designation SRP043K = SP0RK. You must make your own mind up. There were quite a few of these on the forum at one point, the Seiko Spork owners club running to 11 pages, but seldom seen now. Still a firm favourite of mine.

Extra wide first link at 25mm across.

Seiko Spork SRP043K1

Seiko Spork lume.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Have I lost a day somewhere? I thought it was the 17th today... anyway, Seiko SRP043K1 aka the 'Spork'.

Sporting the 4R15-00D0 auto movement with a 50 hr power reserve, (according to spec) the Spork had a limited run and was discontinued in 2011. It's a large watch, 45mm in diameter, 49mm incl. the crown and 13.5mm thick. Crystal is Hardlex. Other features include a recessed case back which adds to comfort on the wrist, date window between the 4 and 5 markers, screw down crown at 4 and a divers wetsuit extension in the bracelet clasp. Although the bracelet end link/lug width is 20mm, the first 'proper' link is 25mm across the lug ends and tapers to 22mm at the clasp. It is superbly made and very heavy duty. The lume is Seiko's superb 'Lumibrite' . There are two thoughts on the origin of the nickname 'Spork', namely that although technically a diver, it has a pilot's watch dial...so a cross between the two, like a Spork...a cross between a spoon and a fork that campers will be familiar with. I feel this is rather fanciful and my preferred thought is that the name derives from rearranging the letters and zero in the model designation SRP043K = SP0RK. You must make your own mind up. There were quite a few of these on the forum at one point, the Seiko Spork owners club running to 11 pages, but seldom seen now. Still a firm favourite of mine.

Extra wide first link at 25mm across.

Seiko Spork SRP043K1

Seiko Spork lume.

Fantastic watch & related to the Seiko BFK (of which I have 2). I wish I'd bought one when I had the chance as they were affordable then. There's one over on TZ-UK at the mo (or there was) which is affordable. Alas no money due to a recent Oris purchase :(. Great watch Roger ...enjoy :thumbsup:

Today is Scurfa day - too heavy, for me, on the bracelet but just about right on the rubber strap.

Have a good weekend all :thumbs_up:

20211217_123105.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1