• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

First 2022 purchase?

6 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Mine, Tag Grand Carrera. It's the brown dial, has been a grail for me since I can't remember when, maybe when they first came out. Had been shipped effective today! Can't wait!!! Should look great next to my Monaco and Formula 1.

818oZ1lUVZL._AC_UY879_.jpg

That looks very nice :clap: - Agree with @Bricey, good to see you back posting ... 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Mine, Tag Grand Carrera. It's the brown dial, has been a grail for me since I can't remember when, maybe when they first came out. Had been shipped effective today! Can't wait!!! Should look great next to my Monaco and Formula 1.

818oZ1lUVZL._AC_UY879_.jpg

Return of the King :king:

This place has been softened up with agreeable opinions in the last month - please restore the balance... 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Bricey said:

Welcome back buddy, hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.

Ditto and how are you holding up? Really hoping since I've been gone that there's been some major medical breakthrough with what you had going on.

Just now, antjrice said:

Return of the King :king:

This place has been softened up with agreeable opinions in the last month - please restore the balance... 

You damn softies! I can't leave you alone for one minute without it resulting in a calm and peaceful, almost zen-like way. Tisk Tisk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Ditto and how are you holding up? Really hoping since I've been gone that there's been some major medical breakthrough with what you had going on.

You damn softies! I can't leave you alone for one minute without it resulting in a calm and peaceful, almost zen-like way. Tisk Tisk.

I am bedding in the new hip and getting back on my feet.

Bring on 2022 (actually, given the past two years, maybe we should all agree to just skip on to 2025 or something, and see if things got any better!)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Bring on 2022 (actually, given the past two years, maybe we should all agree to just skip on to 2025 or something, and see if things got any better!)

Yeah, agreed for sure! Although sometimes, as sloppy as it may be, the journey is worth it.  Either way, good to talk to you guys again. I'll be trying to post occasionally. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bricey said:

And nobody has more experience in "bedding in" than you.

• Haha 3

I was always planning on buying a Tudor BB36 this year but got spooked with the rumoured 2022 price rise. So on Sunday, a quick Web check showed the expected price rise everywhere aside from a couple of smaller AD'S who were still showing the 2021 price (I assume because they were closed given the bank holiday and therefore not able to update their prices).

On Monday (the officialbankholiday), I made an order, half expecting a call to say the price was wrong, but no, it's gone through at the lower price.

The watch arrived at the perfect time yesterday given I hadn't actually told my better half and she was busy elsewhere. I was then expecting to get caught out as I assumed the bracelet would need resizing but no, it fitted perfectly so it's now safely in the watch box, job done.

Today provided the last "near miss" when the post lady knocked and handed over a large package to me and thankfully not the wife. I had forgotten that when ordering the watch, I was entitled to a free watch winder and here it was.

That has been put in a dark space out of the way so not sure how that will be explained away. What usually happens is the wife sneaks something into the house and then when that comes out, I confess too. I guess a 1:1 draw is much better than a 1:0 defeat !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/01/2022 at 23:25, Dxnnis said:

IMG_20220112_232112.thumb.png.2875a3f8f85971008fd394ccbdfdf640.png

Well I thought I would take a bit longer than this but my first purchase of the year is this citizen AW1361, should be here Monday (ish)

Well just been informed that my Monday (ish) is now next weekend (ish). 

Oh well patients and all that :watch:

Yes my spelling is as bad as my waiting for stuff to arrive 

Patience (word to self, learn to spell) :oops:

• Like 2

Super disappointed, but also rather impressed. I Just got notice from ebay authenticator that the watch did not pass inspection. They don't give specifics and the seller said it was because they claimed it was missing accessories in the advertisement of the watch, but who knows. I guess I'm going to take this as a sign not to buy this watch for now. I bought the Monaco from an AD and I told myself I would only do that from now on with higher end stuff, but I failed to live up to that here. I think I'll go back to that theory. Unfortunately it means I'll never get this watch as they're no longer produced. Oh well, maybe Autavia time...

• Sad 2