• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What watches have you got on the way? The post is taking too long ....

I am having a bit of withdrawal from the postman. I have so much stuff on the way that should have arrived this week - watch bracelet extenders; some whistles; a watch strap for a watch that was not selling on eBay, but has now sold before the strap arrived!; a bronze buckle; some gloves;

and this Vostok with a fairly hard to find lume pip :

Image 1 - Vostok Wostok Amphibian Diver 200m USSR Soviet Russian Men's Wrist Watch 2409A P

and this 34mm (I think - though the description was a bit sketchy) monocoque Benrus hand winder:

Benrus pre-owned

One of the things that has arrived is a jolly nice bund strap for the Benrus (if I can remember where I put it), so that's good, and three 19mm Geckota watch straps came today, which I have no use for, as I got bored waiting for them, and squeezed a 20mm strap on the intended watch.

A few weeks back, BO (before Omicron), the post seemed to be flying, even some 2nd class mail arrived the next day.  But now I have had to start a 'The Postman Should Have Just Knocked' thread.

Are you waiting for anything exciting?

:watch:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

Nothing in the pipeline for myself , seem to have lost the love recently :(

Very smart Vostok/Boctok , I like the white dial black hands combo :thumbsup:

Thanks, I am guessing that the original seconds hand was probably black as well (with a lume pip) so I might get that done at service time.  I liked the double lume plots at 12 also, but mostly I am a black-dial chap, and I liked the contrast on this white dial watch.

The Benrus just looks quite laid back I think - no stars or verbiage on the dial, and I think with a bit of polywatch on the crystal I can get it looking very nice.  It appears to have remained reasonably waterproof (similar construction to the 'Bullitt' Benrus).

Keep well.

• Like 1

Vistock looks nice, add a darker red nato strap and that dial should pop.

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-marine-nationale-nato-watch-strap-burgundy-white?gclid=Cj0KCQiAieWOBhCYARIsANcOw0xjCf2pt7oPR6vg7ZsBrERpfHI-2ZennDFLBJ67s8nODs93s0CR5nwaAp7eEALw_wcB

Just to bore everyone AGAIN, I am still waiting for my JLC Polaris Date, ordered early November but wanted it on a bracelet which is a special order. I am not sure I understand the logic, I could have had a Date on a rubber strap or an Automatic on a bracelet (which is the same as the one of for the Date) within a few days but had to order the Date/Bracelet combo specially with a 10-12 week delivery time. Ho, hum, good this cone to those who wait!

The dealer has been good with comms and updates and I may try and pay their shop a visit on Monday just to show my face.

Teaser! (Torment for me!!!!)

JLC-Polaris-Date-9068170.2-2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ugg10 said:

Vistock looks nice, add a darker red nato strap and that dial should pop.

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-marine-nationale-nato-watch-strap-burgundy-white?gclid=Cj0KCQiAieWOBhCYARIsANcOw0xjCf2pt7oPR6vg7ZsBrERpfHI-2ZennDFLBJ67s8nODs93s0CR5nwaAp7eEALw_wcB

Just to bore everyone AGAIN, I am still waiting for my JLC Polaris Date, ordered early November but wanted it on a bracelet which is a special order. I am not sure I understand the logic, I could have had a Date on a rubber strap or an Automatic on a bracelet (which is the same as the one of for the Date) within a few days but had to order the Date/Bracelet combo specially with a 10-12 week delivery time. Ho, hum, good this cone to those who wait!

The dealer has been good with comms and updates and I may try and pay their shop a visit on Monday just to show my face.

Teaser! (Torment for me!!!!)

JLC-Polaris-Date-9068170.2-2.jpg

Definitely beautiful.

• Thanks 1

Hi JJ ... Not sure where you are in the country, but my incoming post with Royal Mail has been a disaster since early December - Covid has wreaked havoc with staffing at my local Delivery Office & "normal" letters / jiffy bags etc have been taking 3 weeks + to arrive! - If the incoming RM is a Tracked service then these appear to arrive in under a week & are presumably being prioritised over the normal mail - Hope your missing stuff turns up sooner rather than later ...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, PaulBoy said:

Hi JJ ... Not sure where you are in the country, but my incoming post with Royal Mail has been a disaster since early December - Covid has wreaked havoc with staffing at my local Delivery Office & "normal" letters / jiffy bags etc have been taking 3 weeks + to arrive! - If the incoming RM is a Tracked service then these appear to arrive in under a week & are presumably being prioritised over the normal mail - Hope your missing stuff turns up sooner rather than later ...

Not far from Rochdale, but right now this pandemic seems to be everywhere.

1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

Are you waiting for anything exciting?

Two full pages in the local paper here about the appalling current postal service, so nothing being ordered until some improvement.

Got two straps earlier that were ordered well before Christmas.

• Agree 1

Monday or Tuesday should see this arrive:

tudor-m79030n-0003.png?w=900&h=1200&vers

And sometime between Friday and the following Monday I should be receiving this:

CBE2110.FC8226aa_800x.jpg?v=1598875680

Then spend the rest of the month clearing out the remaining 15, to see what budget is left before making a final decision on what else will be making its way to chez bricey.

Exciting times! 

homer-simpson-simpsons.gif

Edited by Bricey
  • Like 8

36 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

My fastest shipping was from Japan - but I had to put delivery on hold when it reached Manchester Airport because I was away on the South coast ...

15 minutes ago, Dxnnis said:

Nothing for me (yet) but hoping to find a bargain soon as a late Christmas present as I could not find anything before that I really fancied

I have spent literally two days looking for a vintage Tudor 'perpetual' (after spying one I like at £3500.00 lol) - ended up with a hand-wound Benrus for £85.00.  You can buy them cheaper from the US, but after shipping and VAT, and the delivery time.  Wait ...

2 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Yes, something I have to blame squarely at this forum, more specifically @yokel

Should be revealed on Monday, but as the courier is UPS it probably will be Tuesday 

I have broad shoulders  --  metaphorically at least.

Looking forward to the reveal :yes:

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Dxnnis said:

The last bargain I got came with an extra £51 from the customs man :wacko:

Tell me about it - I really got hit for my 1946 Omega bumper from Italy (weeks after I thought he had forgotten!) and my 'cheap' Vostok (above) ended up as no such thing after VAT and shipping.  You can get a brand new one for under a ton! (Unless you shop in sales corner lol)

• Sad 2

Citizen Hi-Line and another of those strange Accurist Miyota AS10 chronos arrived from Ebay no problem. There were actually 2 posties delivering at the same time one day last week. 4 berth winder arrived from Amazon as expected. That's me done for watch related stuff, but a new Emma Premium mattress was successfully delivered by two chaps from DHL, so I should be sleeping better, with any luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Two full pages in the local paper here about the appalling current postal service, so nothing being ordered until some improvement.

As I mentioned, more expensive items (watches etc) seem to be ok & will arrive on schedule, as they are sent via Tracked services like RMSD etc, it's the normal post (letters & other small items that the postie brings) that are backlogged due to staff shortages / Covid etc - Fastest delivery I have had in the last month was my Houtman Pilbara which left Western Australia on a Tuesday & arrived in Surrey THREE DAYS later! - Top work by Jason  @Houtman Watches Australia & DHL :clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PaulBoy said:

Fastest delivery I have had in the last month was my Houtman Pilbara which left Western Australia on a Tuesday & arrived in Surrey THREE DAYS later! - Top work by Jason  @Houtman Watches Australia & DHL :clap:

Dude, you got mine from the Fens next day, and I'm pretty sure that from the Fen's to you is regarded by most as a far more perilous journey than from Western Australia!

They just chucked it on a long haul flight, mine probably made the first 50 miles carried by someone named Cecil riding a donkey.

• Haha 3