• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What watches have you got on the way? The post is taking too long ....

3 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Two full pages in the local paper here about the appalling current postal service, so nothing being ordered until some improvement.

:watch:

Got two straps earlier that were ordered well before Christmas.

Postman on his way to Wrench's croft

shutterstockRF_1148434391.jpg?format=aut

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Bricey said:

mine probably made the first 50 miles carried by someone named Cecil riding a donkey.

Yes, but in mitigation having six fingers does help grip the Mail bags! :teethsmile:

(I can only say that as I am a born and (in)bred yellow belly). :whistling:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Pics from net, not mine... yet. All ordered 2022. Damn Christmas bonus! Lol

maxresdefault.jpg

ab0118221g1p1-premier-b01-chronograph-42-three-quarter.png

818oZ1lUVZL._AC_UY879_.jpg

Feels like our paths are converging a little.

It may take a little of the spice from our TV show if we end up too similar.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bricey said:

Dude, you got mine from the Fens next day, and I'm pretty sure that from the Fen's to you is regarded by most as a far more perilous journey than from Western Australia!

They just chucked it on a long haul flight, mine probably made the first 50 miles carried by someone named Cecil riding a donkey.

Ha ha! - Great job by Cecil & Oatie the Donkey (I'll leave you to work that one out :tongue:) but Special Delivery etc is no problem as they are prioritising those :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WickerBill said:

My top 3 are 

Rolex OP36 Green

GO PanomaticLunar 

JLC Reverso Tribute or JLC Polaris….

I want to buy one of these pieces this year, just waiting for the right time/ opportunity to come along

Nice list! Which version of the Polaris takes your eye? 

Just now, Ugg10 said:

Nice list! Which version of the Polaris takes your eye? 

The one I can’t buy lol…..the 800 piece ltd edition.

https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/eu/en/chronicles/news-events/jaeger-lecoultre-presents-new-jaeger-lecoultre-polaris-date-limited-edition.html

tbh though I’d be happy with one of the automatics on rubber or leather. The bracelet is stunning but I have enough bracelet watches already 

@WickerBill the mariner date is very nice, the date Memovox is closest to the original 1960’s version, but all are stunning in the flesh. Worth looking at the online sellers as you can get around 15-20% discount on RRP. Based on my experience choosing a standard configuration get you the watch quick and any special orders are taking a while, may be different at an AD though at full price.  The rubber bracelets are not cheap, noting the deployment clasp is around £250 on its own, if you use the JLC site service calculator you can see the strap prices with a bit of effort (using a watch code from the rear case from an online picture). 

Good luck in the search. 

Edited by Ugg10
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ugg10 said:

@WickerBill the mariner date is very nice, the date Memovox is closest to the original 1960’s version, but all are stunning in the flesh. Worth looking at the online sellers as you can get around 15-20% discount on RRP. Based on my experience choosing a standard configuration get you the watch quick and any special orders are taking a while, may be different at an AD though at full price.  The rubber bracelets are not cheap, noting the deployment clasp is around £250 on its own, if you use the JLC site service calculator you can see the strap prices with a bit of effort (using a watch code from the rear case from an online picture). 

Good luck in the search. 

Thanks! 

yeh the mariner dates are gorgeous but it’s a heavy price tag given the last gen Polaris….it’s about a £3000 difference…

if they’d have made the new mariner, without a date, on a rubber strap for around £6000-£7000 of be all over it like a fat pigeon on chips !

Edited by WickerBill
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JayDeep said:

maxresdefault.jpg

3 beautiful watches. Blue seems to suit the Tudor much better than brown or green. Good luck, I hope they arrive soon.

• Thanks 1

While not having postal issues, a local watchmaker has had one of mine since October. Tried to contact them just before Christmas and got an out of office email saying someone had covid and the watchmaker was waiting for a PCR test. Needless to say their promise of an update in the new year hasn't come to anything. I'm actually begining to dislike watchmakers as an entire species.

Edited by spinynorman
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, JayDeep said:

maxresdefault.jpg

818oZ1lUVZL._AC_UY879_.jpg

I've not bought any watches for a couple of years now though I've seen JayDeep has ordered 2 of the 3 watche's I've been looking at. I think reading this thread will prove to be a costly exercise for me! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, WickerBill said:

My top 3 are 

Rolex OP36 Green

GO PanomaticLunar 

JLC Reverso Tribute or JLC Polaris….

I want to buy one of these pieces this year, just waiting for the right time/ opportunity to come along

Some class pieces there  --  well, certainly the JLCs and the GO :thumbsup: 

They get the YSA (Yokel Seal of Approval).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, yokel said:

Some class pieces there  --  well, certainly the JLCs and the GO :thumbsup: 

They get the YSA (Yokel Seal of Approval).

Both are grail level for me, i dont generally consider pieces are grail but i think they are the top of the tree for what i will achieve in this hobby...

• Like 1