• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What watches have you got on the way? The post is taking too long ....

On 08/01/2022 at 19:05, Ugg10 said:

Vistock looks nice, add a darker red nato strap and that dial should pop.

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-marine-nationale-nato-watch-strap-burgundy-white?gclid=Cj0KCQiAieWOBhCYARIsANcOw0xjCf2pt7oPR6vg7ZsBrERpfHI-2ZennDFLBJ67s8nODs93s0CR5nwaAp7eEALw_wcB

Just to bore everyone AGAIN, I am still waiting for my JLC Polaris Date, ordered early November but wanted it on a bracelet which is a special order. I am not sure I understand the logic, I could have had a Date on a rubber strap or an Automatic on a bracelet (which is the same as the one of for the Date) within a few days but had to order the Date/Bracelet combo specially with a 10-12 week delivery time. Ho, hum, good this cone to those who wait!

The dealer has been good with comms and updates and I may try and pay their shop a visit on Monday just to show my face.

Teaser! (Torment for me!!!!)

JLC-Polaris-Date-9068170.2-2.jpg

On 08/01/2022 at 20:15, Bricey said:

Monday or Tuesday should see this arrive:

tudor-m79030n-0003.png?w=900&h=1200&vers

And sometime between Friday and the following Monday I should be receiving this:

CBE2110.FC8226aa_800x.jpg?v=1598875680

Then spend the rest of the month clearing out the remaining 15, to see what budget is left before making a final decision on what else will be making its way to chez bricey.

Exciting times! 

homer-simpson-simpsons.gif

On 08/01/2022 at 20:47, Graham60 said:

This should be arriving in the next couple of weeks.

647052682_AS_LA02-5M-gro-1024x923.thumb.jpg.f0fc0d50391a226b6d67be1f8f50a4f8.jpg

Erm, I am just waiting for a sterling silver barcelet,lol.

Nice watches here.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Bricey said:

Not a purchase, but a prize draw win that is incoming sometime soon

AquaticoDolphin39mmAutomaticDiveWatchBri

I'd forgotten about this until I had an email this morning stating it is on its way from the US.

Nice to see a bezel that looks like it lines up nicely, automatic, 300m and Tiffany blue dial. Very nice prize indeed. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 08/01/2022 at 19:02, scottswatches said:

Yes, something I have to blame squarely at this forum, more specifically @yokel

Should be revealed on Monday, but as the courier is UPS it probably will be Tuesday 

My bad, it was FedEx so it arrived today

20220110_132310

One of 25 made in this colour I believe but maybe @yokelcan help there

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

My bad, it was FedEx so it arrived today

20220110_132310

One of 25 made in this colour I believe but maybe @yokelcan help there

Wow  --  another member with an MG :thumbsup:

I have to admit, I thought it was going to be a Moser  --  but, I'm impressed.

Yes, only 25 of each colour were made  --  but, in the context of a company which manufactures only about 400 units per year, everything they do is quite exclusive.

Yours is the "L" version, whereas mine is the "M" with mesh . . . .

Ij2gFKZ.jpg

I think yours is a little more elegant.

However, I had understood that these were made in four colour versions (white, orange, green and blue indices). Yours appears to be grey or anthracite. Or, is it actually blue like the stritching?.

Whatever  --  It is a lovely thing, and has a truly lovely, hand made "pocket watch" movement (even if not heavily decorated in this version).

YClwC3Y.jpg

I know you don't really do "keepers"  --  but that is exactly what these are for me.

Enjoy it Sir  :thumbs_up:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bricey said:

Stunning. 

A treat for yourself or "stock"?

A bit of both I suspect - far from a Birth Year Watch but I buy interesting things whenever I can

1 hour ago, yokel said:

Wow  --  another member with an MG :thumbsup:

I have to admit, I thought it was going to be a Moser  --  but, I'm impressed.

Yes, only 25 of each colour were made  --  but, in the context of a company which manufactures only about 400 units per year, everything they do is quite exclusive.

Yours is the "L" version, whereas mine is the "M" with mesh . . . .

However, I had understood that these were made in four colour versions (white, orange, green and blue indices). Yours appears to be grey or anthracite. Or, is it actually blue like the stritching?.

It is blue, if somewhat lost on the quick snap I took.  The movement finishing is different, but I quite like the natural look of the German Silver (not any old silver!) plates.  Thanks for the confirmation on the facts, and technically a Moser is three times as common as a Moritz Grossmann so I made the right choice! :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've already had these in Jan...

k8Rzqu4.jpg

x7WlM1U.jpg

Now waiting for a steel mod kit for my GA-2110. It's coming from China (AliExpress), so could be a while...

In the meantime, I do have a set of lapping pastes coming, so I can get rid of some scratches on the mineral glass of a couple of my watches. Oh, that's also coming from China. Bum.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alpha550t said:

Very smart, I almost got the very same before Christmas. 

I went for the 38mm Sugess model with the sapphire crystal. I just didn't sit right with me, paying significantly more from Sea-Gull, for an acrylic. Same movement, and my collection is going to mostly be affordable pieces that I love, and that hopefully have a story.

Eventually I want an Omega De Ville Orbis, but for now, my collection will be a little more low-end!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PrivateCustard said:

The postman arrived bearing gifts today!! In a forum full of absolutely beautiful timepieces, I am strangely really happy with this one!

PXL_20220110_174648572

As you should, everyone loves a little Chinese!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

Wa-hey!  I feel a song coming on:

edited_edited_IMG_20220111_143833765.thumb.jpg.902fbde93c82c7574b74ce17ed2c3e11.jpg

FIVE SMALL WHISTLES!

four steel links 

three-way plug 

two big whistles

and a watch strap for a sold watch 

JJ

I’m sat here trying to understand the appeal of living with someone who collects fecking whistles.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bow said:

I’m sat here trying to understand the appeal of living with someone who collects fecking whistles.

I'm going to attach the little ones to my collection of rucksacks.

Yeah, better hide them.

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Haha 1

More goodies at last today, including this - it was 10:10 so I had to take a photo:

edited_edited_IMG_20220112_221024220.thumb.jpg.ea4399fb0cdff419231bdc313a880496.jpg

Lovely domed crystal, still needs a little more Polywatch (it was jolly scratched).

edited_IMG_20220112_222019013.thumb.jpg.90354e8085894605054c6ff1f0388ca7.jpg

And those curved hands, great! 

The strap is from Geckota - I ordered 3 X 19mm straps from the sale, one of them turned up at 18mm, so that's lucky!

The lugs are actually about 17.5, so I'm guessing that's 11/16 of an inch?

JJ

6 minutes ago, Bricey said:

This is no longer coming

tudor-m79030n-0003.png?w=900&h=1200&vers

I'd umed and ahed and eventually swapped to this instead.

sub_image_3.jpg

Should be here tomorrow 

What happened? :huh:

Mind you, the blue probably has wider appeal...should you ever come to sell...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RTM Boy said:

What happened? :huh:

Mind you, the blue probably has wider appeal...should you ever come to sell...

I was really torn between the two, but eventually plumped for the black.

Then I was informed, annoyingly late in the process (I was part exchanging and had already sent in and agreed a price for the exchange) that the black was out of stock until the end of the month.

The longer I pondered the black, the more I began to worry that the gilt markings might lose appeal for me, and the red triangle doesn't sit quite right for me. I decided the simpler colour scheme of the blue might last better with me, and also is more different to my existing divers which are black.

They swapped the order over this afternoon and as the blue is in stock, off we go!

• Like 3