• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What watches have you got on the way? The post is taking too long ....

On 08/01/2022 at 18:32, Jet Jetski said:

Are you waiting for anything exciting?

:watch:

Just agreed a straight swap for something a bit different with one of our lovely members on here - Get in! :yahoo:  Mentioning no names, obviously :whistling:

I had planned to ease off on the watch collecting this year, and managed to reach the middle of January before that New Year's Resolution all fell apart......... :laugh:

• Haha 4

On 10/01/2022 at 17:14, scottswatches said:

It is blue, if somewhat lost on the quick snap I took.  The movement finishing is different, but I quite like the natural look of the German Silver (not any old silver!) plates.  Thanks for the confirmation on the facts, and technically a Moser is three times as common as a Moritz Grossmann so I made the right choice! :laughing2dw:

Hasn’t appeared on BirthYearWatches yet. And, it’s a bit outside your normal scope, Scott.

Did you buy it with a particular customer in mind?

1 hour ago, yokel said:

Hasn’t appeared on BirthYearWatches yet. And, it’s a bit outside your normal scope, Scott.

Did you buy it with a particular customer in mind?

I work quite a way in advance, so it won't appear for a few weeks yet.  I bought it with the view that I may never get another chance to own a MG again, rather than with someone in mind.  God I love my job!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

I work quite a way in advance, so it won't appear for a few weeks yet.  I bought it with the view that I may never get another chance to own a MG again, rather than with someone in mind.  God I love my job!

I'd love your job. 

I'd also bankrupt your business in about 11 minutes.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Nice, which bits are luminous?

There are some loom shots of the black version in the video below, no reason why the white would be any different. Also has a SW200 movement which is pretty good at this price, nice watch, I like it.

Looking again it could be just the orange bits on the white/cream version.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Ugg10 said:

There are some loom shots of the black version in the video below, no reason why the white would be any different. Also has a SW200 movement which is pretty good at this price, nice watch, I like it.

Looks great, superluminova.

11 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

Nice, which bits are luminous?

Honestly, I have no idea! Even this winter, I haven't looked at the loom on any of my watches. It really is something I should pay more attention to.

10 hours ago, Ugg10 said:

Looking again it could be just the orange bits on the white/cream version.

That's what I was thinking. likely the SW200-1 also. A decent workhorse movement. Particularly good, seeing as I didn't pay anywhere close to RRP. I'd promised myself not not do it for another month or so......but I am an idiot!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 09/01/2022 at 10:25, Marcin said:

I posted a watch sold on ebay on 17th of December, 1st class recorded RM. It is still in transit according to their website. Shocking service:(

I'm having trouble right now with the Tag I bought on ebay. They go through an authenticator first and the tracking shows the authenticator should've received it on the 8th, and I should've then received it on the 14th, but that day had now come and gone and no update on the tracking since the 8th. Not really sure what is going on but getting worried. 

• Sad 3

56 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

I'm having trouble right now with the Tag I bought on ebay. They go through an authenticator first and the tracking shows the authenticator should've received it on the 8th, and I should've then received it on the 14th, but that day had now come and gone and no update on the tracking since the 8th. Not really sure what is going on but getting worried. 

Mine went to the authenticator on the 8th as well, but then I had a message on the 9th to say it had been checked and was now being sent onwards to me and got a new tracking number showing it went to UPS on the 10th and would be delivered on the 12th.

The 12th came and went and UPS tracking changed to "we'll let you know when it's going to be delivered".

Still nothing. Emailed UPS yesterday and no reply as yet.

I fear that they have lost it.

I'm gutted if that is the case, having wanted this watch and looked at loads that have sold at around £3k+, I'd found one that I won for a lot less and figured that it insulated me so that if I didn't like it or gel with it I would move it on and be up on the deal.

I hate UPS.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bricey said:

Mine went to the authenticator on the 8th as well, but then I had a message on the 9th to say it had been checked and was now being sent onwards to me and got a new tracking number showing it went to UPS on the 10th and would be delivered on the 12th.

The 12th came and went and UPS tracking changed to "we'll let you know when it's going to be delivered".

Still nothing. Emailed UPS yesterday and no reply as yet.

I fear that they have lost it.

I'm gutted if that is the case, having wanted this watch and looked at loads that have sold at around £3k+, I'd found one that I won for a lot less and figured that it insulated me so that if I didn't like it or gel with it I would move it on and be up on the deal.

I hate UPS.

Son of a beach.....it's obvious which one this is. 

There's all sorts of delays though so hopefully it's sitting in a depot. 

Fingers crossed mate. 

I had a first after 200 odd transactions on eBay. I had an incoming watch lost in transit 2 weeks ago. 

Proof of delivery from seller so eBay refunded me and confirmed they soak up the loss themselves. 

2 hours ago, antjrice said:

Son of a beach.....it's obvious which one this is. 

There's all sorts of delays though so hopefully it's sitting in a depot. 

Fingers crossed mate. 

I had a first after 200 odd transactions on eBay. I had an incoming watch lost in transit 2 weeks ago. 

Proof of delivery from seller so eBay refunded me and confirmed they soak up the loss themselves. 

I've only had one incoming go missing (about 4-5months ago) and that too was UPS. Ebay refunded me and the seller had to go back to UPS (I assume).

That was an Aquascaphe and was upsetting, but I'd paid fair money for it.

This would be devastating both as its a big purchase in my budget terms (towards my top end certainly) and a watch ive waited for and really longed to get, plus I think I got it at a good third below its ebay/market value, its been authenticated by ebay and seems to have got stuck between the authenticator and me.

20 minutes ago, Bricey said:

I've only had one incoming go missing (about 4-5months ago) and that too was UPS. Ebay refunded me and the seller had to go back to UPS (I assume).

That was an Aquascaphe and was upsetting, but I'd paid fair money for it.

This would be devastating both as its a big purchase in my budget terms (towards my top end certainly) and a watch ive waited for and really longed to get, plus I think I got it at a good third below its ebay/market value, its been authenticated by ebay and seems to have got stuck between the authenticator and me.

I would not give up hope yet though, let's face it, the authenticator may have not even got to his office for a week, Covid is messing lots of things up.  I had a similar thing with a Russian 'Strela' chronograph, there are lots about but not many original at sensible prices, for some reason eBay Man sent it from Russia the 'long way' round, and it disappeared in America. Never seen another decent one for anything like the money I paid.  Refunded, but that does not soothe the frustration, or get the hours back that you spent searching for your bargain.

Picked this up from my eBay click n collect, this arrived quicker than expected.  This is not how it woke up, but it's how it looks now.

edited_edited_IMG_20220115_221703894.thumb.jpg.e978db5d953d6229620160d37f110c8b.jpg

It woke up this morning, before meeting me, on a lovely brushed and polished three section bracelet.

Which is why I bought it. Goes with my brushed and polished Tyneham.

edited_edited_IMG_20220115_222816982.thumb.jpg.b45b19ada25a2b3e1b008f1abeec1620.jpg

Watch looks great after a trip through the ultrasonic bath.

Well I checked the instructions and it doesn't say 'Don't put your watch in an ultrasonic bath'!

It is sitting a little far back on the wrist,so I will swap one of the links from the 'front' to the 'back'.

edited_IMG_20220115_223813764.thumb.jpg.7e3c53d5883114647e8f5150ade02c03.jpg

Not bad though.

JJ

Edited by Jet Jetski