• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thank Crunchie it’s Friday 14th January 2022

Sulie

7 minutes ago, RTM Boy said:

Ah, it's arrived! :thumbsup:

Initial thoughts?

Pro's:

Excellent sizes (for me) and a very comfortable sit on the wrist, weight, heft, balance all excellent.

Very comfortable strap that compliments the watch perfectly.

Finish is excellent, loving the matt blue of the bezel, and the dial is stunning.

The bezel action has instantly devalued my opinion on every other dive watch I own or have previously owned (which lets be honest, is a lot of them :laughing2dw:), HD click and I now realise that many that I have previously claimed to have "no backplay" were wrong, it may have been minimal, but this is what "no backplay" really means. Very impressive.

Overall, it is a beautiful watch to me, in appearance, fit, finish and function. Delighted

Con's:

Whilst the strap length is ideal for my relatively small wrist, the tail just reaching the second keep, for a proper sized gentleman it would surely be on the small side.

Not a problem for me, as I said

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

3 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Pro's:

Excellent sizes (for me) and a very comfortable sit on the wrist, weight, heft, balance all excellent.

Very comfortable strap that compliments the watch perfectly.

Finish is excellent, loving the matt blue of the bezel, and the dial is stunning.

The bezel action has instantly devalued my opinion on every other dive watch I own or have previously owned (which lets be honest, is a lot of them :laughing2dw:), HD click and I now realise that many that I have previously claimed to have "no backplay" were wrong, it may have been minimal, but this is what "no backplay" really means. Very impressive.

Overall, it is a beautiful watch to me, in appearance, fit, finish and function. Delighted

Con's:

Whilst the strap length is ideal for my relatively small wrist, the tail just reaching the second keep, for a proper sized gentleman it would surely be on the small side.

Not a problem for me, as I said

Looks like a keeper then. Also seems you have found that each jump in price range does bring quality changes (in general) but I suspect those changes will decrease the further up the scale you go. Jumps from £1000 to £3000 and then to £6000 were definitely apparent when I was looking.

• Agree 1

Afternoooon 

large.20220114_123543.jpg.fb35dddad3c8881b2cab74dbf4eb168c.jpg

Sterile dial, western Arabic-indic numerals. 

large.20220114_123645.jpg.84ca89d82851a6685466ebdd6e65122b.jpg

Automatic with exhibition case.. £20 new..

..and freshly dropped this morning due to carelessness :mad0218:

It stopped.. I gave it a light tap.. nothing.. thankfully a little twiddle with time setting and gentle tiny half turn at the winder and it started again. I can't help feeling though that I've damaged it. :sorry:

@Bricey I had that game, oh, must be about 40 years ago. If it's working then it's a collectors item. :thumbsup:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Bricey said:

The new guy, time to put Astro Wars away!

3oNI3WL.jpeg

HtCeJx5.jpeg

Party on dudes.

I like it. Much prefer the blue to the brown one. What size is it (36mm?) The only thing I couldn't live with is that truncated hour hand. I would have to get @Jet Jetski to change change me. Other than that it's a lovely watch I even like the strap which compliments it perfectly. Enjoy it :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Bricey said:

The new guy, time to put Astro Wars away!

3oNI3WL.jpeg

HtCeJx5.jpeg

Party on dudes.

I like it. Much prefer the blue to the brown one. What size is it (36mm?) The only thing I couldn't live with is that truncated hour hand. I would have to get @Jet Jetski to change change me. Other than that it's a lovely watch I even like the strap which compliments it perfectly. Enjoy it :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, chas g said:

39mm

1 hour ago, chas g said:

@Jet Jetski

I think it's time for a Tudor mod, there are plenty of ETA versions about.  And of course I have some spare hands from my Elliot Brown Kimmeridge.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

Day 14 of 'Dry January'. I can't say I'm feeling the benefits TBH  :huh:

51819016487_b1c6bc16a8_c.jpg

Have a good one TWF :thumbsup:

For all the grief Rolex get (deserved or otherwise) that is simply stunning, practically perfect in every way.

You should name it Mary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

903675039_IMG-20220114-WA00022.thumb.jpg.af9c34c92c5965e9de16ba9226b7625a.jpg

Cassio watch for less than £50 from Amazon. Quartz,  good  lume, crown guards and everything lines up perfectly. The second hand hits the markers. Added a nato strap as the rubber one wasn't up to much. Superb value for money and I can't fault it.  I know someone who paid 6 times the price for a watch that in comparison to this cassio is very poor quality. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Been sorting some cabinets at work so an old Baby G in case it gets bashed. Takes me back a few years when the alarm goes off and the little figure of a man dances. On taking the photo I’ve noticed all the paint splashes, ooops :biggrin:

large.039C7CC5-EA87-49C5-BC6A-2560826312F2.jpeg.132de09c1147e59a5156dc249a9ece57.jpeg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Karrusel said:

1827 VALE & ROTHERHAM (Coventry) Silver Pair Cased Verge Fusee PW.

All original with bulls eye crystal & Beetle & Poker hands...

ikgJmmD.jpg

b64nauk.jpg

wp4C4Ys.jpg

QGSLZmA.jpg

Beetle & Poker pierced decoration replicated on the balance cock...

LrUm3op.jpg

Some interesting World Events on or around the time the above was made...

Napoleon dies on Saint Helena (1821).

Missouri becomes the 24th state of America (1821).

Charles Macintosh patented his invention for waterproof (rubberized) cloth (1823). :swoon:

Aluminum is isolated by Hans Orsted (1825).

The First photographs, Joseph-Nicephore Niepce was successful in creating an image with silver chloride (1826).

Duke of Wellington (Arthur Wellesley) became Prime Minister (1828).

First Oxford University Boat Race (1829).

William Austin Bird patented a machine called the 'Typowriter' (1829).

Louis Braille published the first Braille book (1829).

:thumbsup:

That is a thing of beauty! Thanks for posting Alan :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Bricey said:

Hopefully just a place holder until the posties arrival...

uRQtVFL.jpeg

I'll have to find a way to amuse myself until then (courtesy of my folks clearing out the loft and rediscovering my childhood hidden up there!)

7oH7kER.jpeg

Have a good one.

No way .. loved mine .. long gone :(

fond memories indeed :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1