• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Rolex Jungle Drums are saying the Hulk is back.

Possibly of interest to any budding chefs out there, the Hulk Submariner is rumoured to be returning to the catalogue in March along with a Pink Gold, blue dialled Sub.

Interesting for many reasons, one of which is that the secondary market for that particular watch appears to have cooled somewhat in the last few months, less so for the Kermit.

Another interesting snippet I gleaned earlier today is that sales for various colour derivatives of gold watches across many brands are seeing healthy increases in sales from almost all markets.

Gold watches certainly "had their day" , I wonder if a sustained comeback is on the cards ?

How popular would they be on this forum if price was not an obstacle. I like gold watches..... Am I in the minority ?

58 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Possibly of interest to any budding chefs out there, the Hulk Submariner is rumoured to be returning to the catalogue in March along with a Pink Gold, blue dialled Sub.

Interesting for many reasons, one of which is that the secondary market for that particular watch appears to have cooled somewhat in the last few months, less so for the Kermit.

Another interesting snippet I gleaned earlier today is that sales for various colour derivatives of gold watches across many brands are seeing healthy increases in sales from almost all markets.

Gold watches certainly "had their day" , I wonder if a sustained comeback is on the cards ?

How popular would they be on this forum if price was not an obstacle. I like gold watches..... Am I in the minority ?

Looks like you’re right according to this fella. Found on a Rolex group 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I have always like the old bi-metal Submariner but not keen on gold watches generally except perhaps some dress watches, I think gold watches are selling well in China which may account for the growth.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I love the gold and stainless submariner with a blue dial. I also like yellow gold Franck Muller conquistador watches and could be tempted if I didn't already have a white gold one (apologies for terrible photo)

20220114_170124.thumb.jpg.4e8692d60498968e4bd8595ad6ae2b83.jpg

Edited by chas g
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, andyclient said:

Looks like you’re right according to this fella. Found on a Rolex group 

Hmm , could be true then ,,, I heard it from a bud in the wholesale watch business. He is never wrong ( or at least never has been with his jungle drums ) .... he did not mention the 3rd watch mentioned there  though ... not that it would interest many mainstream buyers .... I suspect. 

• Like 1

Not a big fan of yellow/rose gold watches, is this another sign of speculators banking on the current rise in gold prices continuing, or just another fad driven by on line influencers?

Now if we are talking white gold, I have a (very) long term for a white gold Piaget Altiplano, Parmigiani Tondo 1950 or Chopard Tonneau.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Pink Gold Sub?  Made just for the female newsreader surely? :whistle:

I love pink, red, rose and yellow gold. Not sure about white gold like my conquistador except that it has a slightly yellow tinge to it and a lovely soft feel mmmm back to Fiona Bruce or Kirsty  Young. Both gorgeous.

18 minutes ago, chas g said:

I love pink, red, rose and yellow gold. Not sure about white gold like my conquistador except that it has a slightly yellow tinge to it and a lovely soft feel mmmm back to Fiona Bruce or Kirsty  Young. Both gorgeous.

I feel a favourite 'female newscaster' thread in the making here... in no particular order... :whistle:

Fiona Bruce.

Kirsty Young.

Kate Silverton.

Charlene White.

Plus any more you may consider adding...

(If this takes off, I will move it to the appropriate section, ie. Non watch interests)

3 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Never been keen on gold/gold coloured watches, far too blingy although somone can have an understated look when donr right, they always remind me of watches in the catalogues years ago with all black dials and a diamond at number twelve.

1 minute ago, Alpha550t said:

Carol Kirkwood,  weather rather than news, but who cares !

Re weather girls, Lucy verasamy for me, we have milf's gilf's and theres wilf's.:naughty:

Guys, as a mod, while these comments are great fun, they are not really in keeping with 'Watch Discussion'. Therefore I am starting a new thread in 'Non Watch Interests and Hobbies discussions' to discuss our fave newscasters/weather presenters as this seems to be quite a popular subject and I respectfully ask you to direct all your comments there. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

13 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Guys, as a mod, while these comments are great fun, they are not really in keeping with 'Watch Discussion'. Therefore I am starting a new thread in 'non watch discussions' as this seems to be quite a popular subject and I respectfully ask you to direct your comments there. Thank you.

This is what I love about this place .... eventually us chimpanzees realise we are messing too much with the straw and tyres, and one of the head chimpanzees restores order ... God Bless TWF .... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Guys, as a mod, while these comments are great fun, they are not really in keeping with 'Watch Discussion'. Therefore I am starting a new thread in 'Non Watch Interests and Hobbies discussions' to discuss our fave newscasters as this seems to be quite a popular subject and I respectfully ask you to direct your comments there. Thank you.

Thread now active... :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

This is what I love about this place .... eventually us chimpanzees realise we are messing too much with the straw and tyres, and one of the head chimpanzees restores order ... God Bless TWF .... 

Not quite sure I'm happy with that description, Jonny, but I'll take it, as it's marginally better than 'Oi, you!'... :hmmm9uh:

...and that would be 'Mr. Oi' to anyone else... :laughing2dw:

• Haha 3