• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
MarkF

How Hot Is It..........

where you are? The net says 84f here in sunny Yorkshire but my thermometer says 92f :eek: I'm creosoting the fence and I'm bloody melting :D

29 deg C in the shade in southwest London :sweatdrop:

Edited by JoT

Got about 30 deg C here is Battersea which is to hot to work :D

Mark I feel for you creosoting the fence :(

Mark I feel for you creosoting the fence :(

No need to Phil, I enjoy it :blink: I find it very relaxing

Bubbling nicely here in sunny Surrey. Fortunately I'm locked away in a fully air-conditioned office. Actually I think I need to put my jacket on, feeling a bit chilly :lol:

Matt

I've sat all day opposite a woman who moaned incessantly about the cold, when the office temperature is around 25C and the outside temperature is pushing 35C. :(

My car said it was 37 outside!!!!! All i know is black is a silly colour for a car interior, nearly melted to the seats and steering wheel :(:(

but a fan and loads of :pepsi: (coke to be honest - can't stand pepsi)

:eek: Pepsi :inlove: I can't get enough of the stuff :pepsi: Pepsi No1 and A&W Root Beer No2, apart from alcohol I don't drink much else. Coke makes me puke, it turns to froth in my mouth and hurts my stomach, it's horrible stuff. :D

37C according to my car when stuck in a queue of traffic on M25 at 15:00 this afternoon :sweatdrop:

Once moving, only dropped to 34C. :sweatdrop: and when I got home to Brighton, 30C.

Two and half hours to do 80 frigging miles ... and all on motorway :(

To top it all, broadband has disappeared on me...BT exchange has probably melted...so this is good 'old dialup :cry2:

But its still much cooler than in the Politics Forum. ;)

37C according to my car when stuck in a queue of traffic on M25 at 15:00 this afternoon :sweatdrop:

:D I won the toss this morning and didn't have to go to Romford. My pal set off at 7am and got back at 7pm. He used my car but I forgot that the AC needed re-gassing :D I hate motorways, especially the M1 & M25.

Edited by MarkF

Hi all,

The trackbed that the railways run on, today was maxing out at 49degreesC. This caused absolute chaos across the north of England with signal and points failures. We suffered numerous train failures due to overheating of the engines, with still air and the huge reflective temperatures coming up, the radiators and fans on some units just failed to cope. I've just finished a 12hr shift that felt like 18!

Now having a couple of bottles of McEwans Champion ale , then bed and do it all again tomorrow. Reccomendation:- get a bike or walk, the situation will not improve !

102 here in NY. Thank God I work in IT and have to be in an AC environment. Don't know how the guys on the trucks do it.

Supposed to be 39c by the end of the week here in Winnipeg ,was 35c yesterday but nice today at 27c which is typical for the summer Lucky we have A/C at home , work and in the car........(My Lawn is brown already, given up on it)

but a fan and loads of :pepsi: (coke to be honest - can't stand pepsi)

:eek: Pepsi :inlove: I can't get enough of the stuff :pepsi: Pepsi No1 and A&W Root Beer No2, apart from alcohol I don't drink much else. Coke makes me puke, it turns to froth in my mouth and hurts my stomach, it's horrible stuff. :D

Pepsi Max is great. diet Pepsi is pretty much the same as diet Coke, flavourless *****. Coke Zero (which I assume is just a rebrand of Diet Coke) is flavourless *****. Sugary Pepsi and Coke may have different flavours, for all I know, but they'll never enter my body while I'm conscious, so I don't care.

Ergo, Pepsi Max wins your dad.

'cue.

:D

Sat outside enjoying some Ostravbar Czech beer and it's still 74F at nearly midnight. :)

:blink: sat inside my non-air conditioned flat, 30C indoors at the moment and a hand-held fan to keep some of the warm air moving.

I am drinking Pepsi Max and bourbon, which I am struggling to keep cold - have to keep putting the glass in the freezer :(

Life's all glamour when you're at the top of your profession..... :ph34r:

Working nights so not too bad,according to the BBC it`s around 22°C at the moment in Leicester which is bareable :pepsi:

Slept through the day with two fans going in the room (one blowing up the bed)

and a couple of `Cold` water bottles on my feet & tum, so managed to sleep OK. :lazy2:

BTW Caroline & I both consider that anything above 22°C is too much :sweatdrop:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Pepsi Max is great. diet Pepsi is pretty much the same as diet Coke, flavourless *****. Coke Zero (which I assume is just a rebrand of Diet Coke) is flavourless *****. Sugary Pepsi and Coke may have different flavours, for all I know, but they'll never enter my body while I'm conscious, so I don't care.

:eek: No no no, Diet Pepsi is nothing like Diet Coke, I only drink Diet Pepsi or Max (If I'm desperate) all Coke is wank, I have no idea why people like it, a bit like U2, I can't understand it. :blink:

:blink: sat inside my non-air conditioned flat, 30C indoors at the moment and a hand-held fan to keep some of the warm air moving.

I am drinking Pepsi Max and bourbon, which I am struggling to keep cold - have to keep putting the glass in the freezer :(

Sounds good, I hope the bourbon to Pepsi is of an appropriate ratio :D

BTW Caroline & I both consider that anything above 22°C is too much :sweatdrop:

41c most days in Seville this week, lovely :) 22c is not hot enough for me pal!

Sounds good, I hope the bourbon to Pepsi is of an appropriate ratio :D

It was 103F in central Texas today, accompanied by horrendous humidity. Last year I lived through some extreme temps in Afghanistan (a week of >125F, peak of 146F). That was painful, but Texas heat is just downright annoying. I'm glad I'm moving! :bb:

Sat outside enjoying some Ostravbar Czech beer and it's still 74F at nearly midnight. :)

Mark I've been drinking this beer for about a week now, it's bloody good for a quid. Cheers :cheers:

BTW it's still hot here today :sweatdrop:

Mark I've been drinking this beer for about a week now, it's bloody good for a quid. Cheers :cheers:

Are you drunk yet? :D

Are you drunk yet? :D

Not yet as working ;)