• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Any Experience with Swiss Time Services?

Does anyone have any experience of using either STS in this country or Omega in Bienne for Omega watch restoration?

I’ve recently acquired a 1974 Omega De Ville automatic (in good condition apart from a small mark on the watch face) which I need to get back to as close to factory fresh as possible….sentimental reasons again!

Any advice regarding this would be appreciated particularly with regard to shipping to Switzerland and customs etc.

Thanks

I haven`t had personal experience with Omega Bienne but my Omega SMP 200m was restored by them, see my reply below to this recent thread.... Omega Seamaster Restoration... Help!

I don`t know if this will help but I bought this from Justin last year

Omega Seamaster Professional 200m, cal 1011 23 Jewels, c1992

IPB Image

Here`s his original post from the Sales Forum...

IPB Image

IPB Image

I sent this watch to Omega in Bienne for a service. They fitted a new case (including crystal and bezel), dial hands & crown. The movement was serviced and judging by the large bag of parts they sent me back, a lot of parts were replaced. The bracelet has been refinished to a high standard and the watch looks NOS. I did buy this watch to add to my Seamaster 300 & Seamaster Professional as it is the model between. I must sell though as I am in the red on my watch purchases at the minute and I never wear this one, due to the fact it is in such pristine condition.

£450 with special delivery.

Here`s a photo Justin sent me of parts of the mechanism Bienne replaced :eek:

IPB Image

I haven`t seen what the condition of the watch was like before he sent it to Omega but it now, as he said, looks NOS :D

Edited by mach 0.0013137

I used STS last year for a repair on an Omega megaquartz. Very professional and superb work. They seem expensive initially, but I suppose they are not as expensive as sending back to Switzerland and in my opinion the workmanship justifies the cost.

You do get what you pay for.

Cheers

George