• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

British Forces Watches?

Excuse my ignorance of these matters but does anyone know if the British forces still get issued with watches courtesy of the MOD.

Presumably the services have different requirements for the various roles they have….chronos for the RAF, divers for the Navy etc…..or are staff expected to supply their own?

If indeed they are MOD sourced which manufactures have contracts with them and are similar watches available to the general public?

Excuse my ignorance of these matters but does anyone know if the British forces still get issued with watches courtesy of the MOD.

Presumably the services have different requirements for the various roles they have….chronos for the RAF, divers for the Navy etc…..or are staff expected to supply their own?

If indeed they are MOD sourced which manufactures have contracts with them and are similar watches available to the general public?

There are indeed a number of different 'standard' issue pieces (eg.CWC-G10) for the various forces, but I have read alot to suggest that they are not issued by default. I guess this explains why G-shocks etc, are used alot.

I've been out a bit now, but they certainly weren't issued by default along with the rest of your 1157 kit.

I had a battery hatch G10 issued for a while, but had to give it back when I'd finished that particular bit of work, (Acting as "enemy" doing EW out in BATUS, Canada). Looking back on it, I should've just told the QMS that I'd lost the chuffin' thing and been billed for it. It didn't occur to me at the time though :(

Rich