• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Roy`s New Watch

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest, I think a two tone dial is the best way to produce a truly interesting new watch that would be such a refreshing change from the black, grey, white, or silver dials.

I think the type of dials as below would be such a refreshing change:-

post-4-1170242676.jpg

post-4-1170242720.jpg

post-4-1170242810.jpg

Edited by Griff

Well it arrived today (there had been a slight delay while Roy fixed another watch for me) and it is as bootiful as I expected :rltb:

I`m working nights again and am some what clumsy so don`t want to wear it at the moment in case I bash it :cry2:

Just 6 months and 8 days after you started this thread! Just goes to show that the best things in life are worth waiting for. Enjoy. :D

Well it arrived today (there had been a slight delay while Roy fixed another watch for me) and it is as bootiful as I expected :rltb:

I`m working nights again and am some what clumsy so don`t want to wear it at the moment in case I bash it :cry2:

Just 6 months and 8 days after you started this thread! Just goes to show that the best things in life are worth waiting for. Enjoy. :D

Ain`t that the truth :P

At the end of October I was contacted by Roy advising that ‘Nautilus’ No21 was available again as ‘Mach’ had decided he was unable to take it at that time. Whilst I would dearly have loved to add the watch to my own collection, I new my son had noticed the watch on a couple of occasions whilst I had been surfing the forum and expressed how much he like it, so as his 18th birthday was only 4 months away I decided to buy the watch and keep it for him. However since it arrived I have lost count of the number of times I’ve taken the watch out of it’s box for a fondle whilst thoughts of keeping it for myself played across my mind :evil: (curse this watch collecting), but fortunately for him I managed to resist.

Anyway last Friday the big day arrived and son Adam was duly presented with RLT36 No21 and needless to say he is well chuffed :thumbup: . This is made all the better by knowing that ‘Mach’ has also now managed to secure a ‘Nautilus’ for himself. Unfortunately teenage shyness procludes a photo of watch and recipient together so here it is with his other birthday present.

Watch003.jpg

Richard

Hi Richard, great story and well done for resisting the urge to claim this one for yourself :) As for your son, what a great gift to receive ;)

BTW every time I come back to the forum and see "Roy's new watch" on the main page I always think what's he made now that everybodys going to want :D

Edited by PhilM