• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roy

New Rlt Chronograph

Nice one born, that looks great :)

Jeremy67 said:

But if you are playing on the McQueen link he drove big sports cars not single seaters

Yep, I only really mentioned McQueen as an example of a 70's icon who was well into cars, bikes and so on. Definitely don't want a Ford Puma on the back of the watch :lol:

mat said:

Were the Lotus's built in England? That would fit in nicely.

Yes, that's what I think too. Then there're numerous Tyrrells, BRM's, McLarens (boo! :tongue2:), March's, Brabhams and Surtees' to name a few others.

I reckon stick with Lotus ;)

... or will he screw up some pieces of paper...

I haven't seen Roy screw up anything since I've been coming here. :D:D:D

Do you think Roy has a special lottery machine with balls, or will he screw up some pieces of paper and draw them out of his cap ?

Just an idea....perhaps they should be offered to Roy's 10 best customers over the last few months!!

Diving for cover now...

Looks like more back filing to fit this design on.

I only had 15mm to play with.

With some filing I can maybe stretch it to near 25mm. Did I state a price anywhere. :ph34r::cry2:

OK. Based on the Lotus JPS, I've drawn this. Hope you all like it.

All done in Excel, as usual.

Born

IPB Image

It's stunning, Born, but you are surely having a giraffe if you say you use Excel as a drawing tool and achieve results like that. :blink:

:lol:

It's stunning, Born, but you are surely having a giraffe if you say you use Excel as a drawing tool and achieve results like that. :blink:

:lol:

Thanks :lol: I only use Excel nowadays; its quicker than CAD for things like this, although it has some limitations.

The Nautilus was also done on Excel. I did send Roy an Excel file of the design, IIRC. No idea how he converted that to a CAD drawing, though. :D

Roy - with your craftsmanship and Born's stunning design please could you add me to the draw? - I can't resist an automotive tie-in!

Many thanks, Adam

Yes, thank you Adam.

I am hopefully doing the draw this week and the watches should be ready next week.

Just trying to get the engraving right. ;)

I have all these backs to sand down too, should strengthen my wrist though. :wanker:

I have all these backs to sand down too, should strengthen my wrist though. :wanker:

Are you a right handed man Roy :blink: what with these and all of the backs from the 36 you better be carefull.

Don't want to end up with one bigger that the other :D

Edited by PhilM

This is where we are with the engraving at the moment.

Roy - it looks stunning. My personal vote would be for slightly fewer lines (e.g. clean between the edge of the rear wheels and the horizon to give a better perspective).

Looks great just as it is though.

My right wrist is a little bigger from playing tennis so I know how it can be!!!

I have made it a practice to change hands regularly - avoids unsightly imbalance....

:ph34r:

I'll get me coat...

You mean you sand down watch cases as well? ;)

This is where we are with the engraving at the moment.

Looks great Roy (and Born) :D

Perhaps remove some of the lines at the front under the '10' to make it more visible? :huh:

What do people think about having "1 of 10" or "1 / 10" at the bottom of the circle so that its obvious that its a limited edition of only ten (in the entire world :D ).

I do like the idea of the limited number being on the front of the car tho.

I had a go at photoshop'ing a red and an orange centre seconds hand, both look good, sadly I cant post the pics (cos I'm stoopid :*****: ) if I get time I will have another go at trying to sort out a picure host etc now I've got BB at home.

Looks awesome so far tho' cant wait for the draw. :)

Another bit of fine art Born & Roy :) Just wish I had the money to put myself on the VIP list ;)

I'm going to have to break the bank if I get this one, still- my collection needs a 7750 and if it's in a watch limited to ten worldwide- so much the better

The oval on the front of the car is to be made larger and the limited edition number will be on there.

QUOTE(Mark_B @ Oct 31 2006, 01:26 PM)

I had a go at photoshop'ing a red and an orange centre seconds hand, both look good, sadly I cant post the pics (cos I'm stoopid :wanker: ) if I get time I will have another go at trying to sort out a picure host etc now I've got BB at home.

If anyone wants a different coloured chrono hand then can they please let me know as soon as possible after the draw as I do not want to have to take them to bits to fit different hands once they are made and half of them are already made up with white hands as this is the way I created it in the first place.

When my daughter gets home from school I will get her to draw out the names. :)

Just made these metal tags for the watches.

post-1-1162305562.jpg

QUOTE(Mark_B @ Oct 31 2006, 01:26 PM)

I had a go at photoshop'ing a red and an orange centre seconds hand, both look good, sadly I cant post the pics (cos I'm stoopid :*****: ) if I get time I will have another go at trying to sort out a picure host etc now I've got BB at home.

If anyone wants a different coloured chrono hand then can they please let me know as soon as possible after the draw as I do not want to have to take them to bits to fit different hands once they are made and half of them are already made up with white hands as this is the way I created it in the first place.

When my daughter gets home from school I will get her to draw out the names. :)

Just made these metal tags for the watches.

Cool Roy, will all future limited editions come with dog tags?

Good luck in the draw to everyone who has entered! ;)

Toby :D

They are not dogtags.

The initial idea was to make them look like number plates but I do not know if I have achieved this though :blink: . My idea was to make them into keyrings to go with the watches. :)