• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

A Long Night

mattjg01

Looks like being a long night tonight. One of my little guys has a bad case of chickenpox. He's covered in those itchy spots and can't seem to settle for more than 5 minutes at a time, so I'm in and out of his room trying to calm him down.

Anyone have any useful tips for easing the itch, already trying calamine and a bit of calpol!!

Matt

Cheers guys. It really is tough on him, he's nearly 3 and just about old enough to understand it but not quite able to stop scratching!! Fingers crossed any that do scar will be out of general view.

One strange thing I just noticed. Looked at the view new posts section and this topic came up with 2 replies but 0 views!!!

The right stuff has been mentioned, Sudocrem, Calpol and Calamine. 3 is a tough age to have this, do your best to stop him knocking the tops of the spots when they scab. Long sleeves, pants and loose fitting cotton may help, keep an eye on any facial ones and try to make sure he doesn't scratch those.

Hi, I have identical twin boys as well! They are 2 1/2 years old. They had chickenpocks a few months ago. Total nightmare. Just for your infor, we thought only one was going to have it, but right at the end of the incubation period (about 21 days) the other one got it, so watch out! All the suggestions are spot on.

Good luck!

Hope he's ok soon. I not had them-so live in fear.

Yeah, I'm quite relieved they've got them early so we don't have to worry about a more serious dose in later life. Did manage to get a few hours sleep last night, although had to sleep on the floor next to his bed. Hoping for a more peaceful night tonight, but have the calpol, sudocrem and calamine at the ready.