• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Dont Like But Wont Sell

JoT

Jot, i dont know what it is about the Kinetic Seiko's but they just dont do it for me, it's not the movement, it's the case shape, dial, hands bracelet just the whole look, can't stand e'm, b.f.n. fred.

p.s. if i dont like e'm after buying or trying i get rid, more money for another one,

Hi JoT

No I don't think I am the type to hang on to watches that I don't like - there are those that will keep all they collect regardless.

I am selling a couple of watches at the moment; the criterion I am applying is whether I wear it or not - I can like it, but do I like it enough to wear it?

Seiko Kinetics!!!!!!.....AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!.................I bloody hate em and I bought one!!!! I've even got a Lorus and Pulsar with a similar movement. Three watches I wish I'd never bought!!!!!! :nono:

I know.......was off me head at the time

• 15 years later...
On 31/10/2003 at 12:36, JoT said:

Anybody got a watch that they don't really like yet they can't part with it?

My pet hate is my Seiko Kinetic SMY017

I didn't sell the Kinetic, I gave it away to someone who has a Dremel :thumbsup:

Does anyone have a watch today that they don't really like but can't part with it?

I'm with Bonzodog above...anything I didn't like is long gone and there have been a few...a Seiko Landshark that went because the inner bezel kept shifting, an all titanium Casio Pro Trek that I couldn't read without reaching for reading glasses. However, there have also been some that I 'thought' I didn't like, sold them, and now regret it.

• Like 2

I don't particularly like my Smiths pocket watch, it's not very accurate, it's noisy - but it has never let me down and has been with me almost 40 years and only had the movement oiled once about 25 years ago. I would never part with it.

large.1167089026_IMAG06952.jpg.6e2e9074b772edea4194a4936a6dd050.jpg 

• Like 1

good point @JoT .... i am put off buying watches with new "electronic technologies" (was considering an eco drive "solar" watch until i discovered they have a shelf life of about 10 years).... i bet your smiths pocket watch will still be ticking away 2 generations on .... as long as there are still people around who service and maintain :thumbsup:

On 31/10/2003 at 15:04, JoT said:

or that the bezel is does not rotate

I have a Timex like that, it's the only watch I am thinking of flipping, but I paid too much for it anyway, so trying to massage my losses and love it somehow - apparently the bezel is brass under the paint.  Nitromors, anyone?

This, unfortunately . . . .

8AXg3yz.jpg

It gets worn really only when there is a high chance that my ambition might exceed my skill and result in a worthwhile impact, like motor sport and skiing.

Whilst it is very robustly built overall (much like its knuckle-duster looks imply), the attention to detail is poor. Several of the luminous dots fell off and spent years floating unobtrusively around in the dial before being removed (but not replaced) at service, and the quality of the deployant buckle would definitely embarrass many Chinese manufacturers.

It can however never be sold as it was a gift from a very dear friend (who, mercifully, does not read this forum).

14 minutes ago, yokel said:

This, unfortunately . . . .

8AXg3yz.jpg

It gets worn really only when there is a high chance that my ambition might exceed my skill and result in a worthwhile impact, like motor sport and skiing.

Whilst it is very robustly built overall (much like its knuckle-duster looks imply), the attention to detail is poor. Several of the luminous dots fell off and spent years floating unobtrusively around in the dial before being removed (but not replaced) at service, and the quality of the deployant buckle would definitely embarrass many Chinese manufacturers.

It can however never be sold as it was a gift from a very dear friend (who, mercifully, does not read this forum).

They are ever rising in value too so it wouldn’t be advisable to sell at the moment.

• Thanks 1