• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Made in Great Britain

Roy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Already seen elsewhere on the forum but...

Smiths.JPG

...and

Parkes-small.jpg

Not sure if the second one really counts as the movements an A. Schild but the case is Birmingham hallmarked and Parkes were apprently a moderately well-known Clockmaker and Jeweller based in my hometown of Braintree.

Weren't Timex made in Scotland  :lol:

Isn't Scotland part of Britain?

I hope I cause no offence.

I have always considered Scotland to be a nation in itself with it's own culture and identity.

If you dissagree with me I respect your view, but you'd be one of the few Scots I've ever met that have.

cujimmy,

Scotland is part of the Union and should always be so. I am part of Scotland, about 25% of me ;)

I must get up to Lanark one day and find me roots, I've been to Yorkshire an seen that part and live in the other bit.

I would like to trace my family tree but that would take time from watch hunting :lol::lol:

They were made in Dundee......personaly I would class that as being a country of its own. It's the kind of place you go dor a night out in and wake up in the A&E dept!!! ;)

Scottishcammy,

That is a terrible slight on the City of Discovery, think of all the good things Dundee has given us, The Beano, The Dandy, marmalade, Dundee cake, and best of all The Sunday Post.

Ahm awa fer a peh.