• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Have You Got a Big One?

JoT

I haven't got a really big one, my Seamaster at 39.3mm is as far as I have dared to go; (forgot about my Vostok 1943 at 40mm, looks great on one of RLT's tan saddle leather straps).

I am thinking about a 46mm watch, and even though I have a large 8.5" wrist I do wonder if it will look like a frying pan on a strap :huh:

Anyone got good - bad experiences of a big one?

cheers

JoT

Hi Jot, i have one or two that's 42mm-44mm, and i tend to use them more than the smaller cased ones, i think you will like the larger diam watch's once you get used to them on your wrist, first 40mm i got looked like a frying pan to me till it had a bit of use, now i dont tend to buy any thing under 40mm. After all it's just the fashion at the moment. fred.

scottishcammy,

What is that tartan?

I'm not supposed to mention the Stewart tartan, I was told many years ago by my gran. Not too sure why?

It seems some Scots favoured the Stewarts while some favoured the Campbells.

My Scottish history is not as good as my English but that should be expected, I'm only a quarter Scots and I live in England. ;)

I'd better go googling.

Watches,

I have a piddling little 6 1/5 inch wrist, so 40mm is the biggest for me. That'll be the Vostok Neptune.

I have this wonderful anonymous Unitas driven piece which is my largest watch.

OH how tempted I am to get the dial out, and with my best model painting hand, paint PANERAI onto the dial :o

I do sometimes get the urge for a Panerai actually.

Go to ebay and check em out. Must be one of the most faked watches around.

The price you pay for simple and elegant design I suppose.

Each of these is 44mm but they all wear and look very different on the wrist.

fb5881b0.jpg

In fact this one, at 42mm looks bigger on the wrist due to the dial and case design.

faba86d9.jpg

To be honest it is almost impossible to look at someone's wrist and guess accurately the diameter of a watch without prior knowledge! - although I have tried <_<