• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

G10

JoT

JoT,

The G10 is a great watch, I accidentaly showered in mine this morning :o

Still going strong, the water ressistance is 3atm I think. I don't normally shower in a watch even those that are 20atm. If you think about it, a CWC G10 must have some resistance to water or it would be useless in the field. I haven't seen any specs for water resistance on the G10 but it must be slash proof at least.

Darned good watch. :) ;)

Sargon

It is a CWC Quartz watch issued to British military - I believe the G10 comes from the form you have to fill in to get one - no doubt someone will know for sure. The latest models have a snap on back, most models for sale are the older models with a battery hatch.

CWC.jpeg

Sargon,

As Roy has sold out of G10's, if you are interested in buying one I can mail you a link to another UK company that will sell to US residents. But, only as Roy has sold out.

The watches are genuine issue, unlike some variations that were not. A G10 would be a good addition to any watch collection, not just for those interested in mil spec watches.

I think the name "Lord Elgin" came from Elgin's first womens watch the Lady Elgin. I guess they thought that lord was the masculine of lady, which it is in England.

Yes it probably was a marketing ploy :rolleyes:

Darned nice watches, though.

I suspect that the Lord Elgin I won on Watchbay is an even bigger marketing ploy made by the current far eastern owners of the Elgin brand. Sad. :(