• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Jobs / Profession - What Do You Do For A Living?

So,

What's your job then, on the cards, self employed?

Perhaps we could pass work to each other if you recieve an enquiry which is out of your area?. Maybe we could use each other at some point - you never know!!.

G.

As tyou know I'm a musician desperately looking for a career change. So much so that I've recently enrolled to train as a driving instructor. Don't laugh :angry:

Driving instructors can make good money, especially if you end up going self employed.

Just do what makes you happy providing it pays the bills.

G.

I obtain witness statements for Solicitors, mainly in criminal cases. It's quite common in Scotland where a solicitor has to obtain his own evidence. It's the opposite side of the fence from the Crown, ie working for the defence. Can be anything from murder, rape, to assault or shoplifting, just whatever comes along. Just finished a murder, now working on a drugs case and a lot of other stuff.

Peter

hello,

had to lookup "Precognition" didn't know what it meant, still not sure :unsure: but maybe it will come to me without knowing :huh:

Anyway dare I say it I am a software engineer !

Steve

Steve,

I knew you were going to say that :D

I'm an estimator for a Heavy Earthmoving Company, so unless you're about to build an airport/motorway/dam, I don't think that any of you forummers are going to need my services ;)

I'm a patent examiner at the UK Patent Office. I assess whether a patent application is new and inventive by searching databases for relevent prior art and assess other aspects under The Patents Act 1977. If the application meets all of the requirements of the Act, I will grant the patent. My field is pharmaceuticals and organic chemicals per se. The job is an unusual mix of science/engineering and law.

There is an old saying that you can make a lawyer out of a chemist, but not vice versa. However, this is not strictly true as some solicitors become patent agents/attorneys, although most of them are science or engineering graduates who go into the profession.

regards

DaveE

I'm a qualified analytical chemist, and you can be trained to do accounts like me, but I'd like to see the reverse happen!!!!

One adage however, I believe what my old Chief Chemist said at Ferranti:

Auditors, like accountants and administrators, are people who should be on tap..............but NOT on top!

Bloody well agree with that!!

I have had 24yrs of dealing with raw sewage, dregs, scum and other assorted flotsam and jetsam ;)

Yes you guessed a copper in Liverpool :o

This is going to seem like a jack of all trades & master of none, but it's not the case, I just enjoy being hands on and have many interests.

50% of my work is commercial refrigeration and air conditioning installations by sub contract to others.

The other 50% varies from kitchen re-fits ( inc plumbing, electrics, tiling etc ), laminate flooring, general electrical work, carpentry etc.

I also do a lot of "diy sos" type work, where people have started a project, goolied it up and are unable to put it right or finish it.

One refrigerated display importer employs me 2 days a week as technical advisor and design consultant.

G.

I'm a research and development engineer for Ericsson working on 3G chipset development for mobile phones. Love engineering but its hard work and long hours. All I ever wanted to be was an engineer I'm lucky I do the job I dreamed I could when I was a kid. Although it took some 7 years to train up.

Jerry

Ps I can't get cheap phones I don't work for Sony Ericsson!!!

Ps I can't get cheap phones I don't work for Sony Ericsson!!!

Damn, that was my next question.