• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Watch Spotting

JoT

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us are celeb watch spotters. Since I started visiting the forum this has increased, to the point where I now tend to loose the plot of whatever I'm watching just because I focus only on the wrists! I now pretend to be reading something at the same time and ask my wife when I've missed something... Sad or what :(

Because I know bugger all about watches, I find it hard to indentify whatever I can see. I've noticed the vilains often wear Rolex's, and if Frodo would wear a watch it'd be an RLT5!

Hi all,

Yes it's a sad addiction.

The Volkswagon advert with the getaway driver wears an Omega Seamaster. What is worn in the Honda advert, where it zooms into everyday objects that are irrepalceable, it's swiss made is all I can make out, even on freeze fram sad eh?

Paul D

Do it all the time.........Harrison Ford and Sam Neil wearing Oris watches e.g. :rolleyes:

Made me get an Oris too!! :o

Have to know what some actors wear :blink:

I still cant get over a senior University colleague wearing a Constant at £4.49 from Argos...........I mean.............like gross man......gross!!!! :o:wacko:

Hi Griff

I know what you mean about cheap watches and people who earn shedloads. But to a lot of people watches just aren't a big deal. Not one of my friends is into watches the same way I am, in fact a couple of them don't wear them at all and rely on their mobiles to tell them the time!

The amount of money they cost and the number of features now crammed into mobile phones never ceases to amaze me! Mine's a small compact simple Ericsson T10 (probably as obsolete as an obsolete thing but I like it) that acts as a phone and an alarm clock (if I'm away) and I occasionally text people on it. It doesn't have internet access, a wap browser, bluetooth (whatever that is), numerous games, a camera, polyphonic ringtones or anything else that loads of people deem essential to their daily existence.

My point being that some people spend bucket loads on somethings whilst other people will spend a lot on other things. It's whatever floats your boat, in our case it's watches, for someone else it may be Gibson Les Paul guitars, or sweet wrappers or used toilet paper. In the case of your colleague he probably spends loads on something else. A colleage of mine spends shedloads on expensive wines each year. I can't see the point really as once you've drunk it that's it gone, but then he can't see why I should need more than one watch.

Sorry to ramble I hope it all makes some sort of sense :o:huh:

Cheers

Paul :)

oops wrong button :angry:

back on topic,

I was at a meeting yesterday, and round the table were.....2 Omega seamasters( an SMP, and my Chronostop), 1 R***x Datejust, 1 longines (Conquest- I think), all being worn by us minions, and the chairman (who drives a Porche Carrera 4S) had a naff looking Rotary analogue/lcd thingy :blink:

Sounds like your chairman spends all his money on cars, I'm sure Posches aren't cheap to run or service. I was watching Top Gear at the weekend and they had a feature on some sort of Lamborghini offroader. Jeremy Clarkson was saying that tyres for it cost £500 each :blink: and that to fill the petrol tank would cost well over £200. No wonder Lambo didn't sell many, hideously ugly thing it was too :P!

Jensens on the other hand are quality cars and I'd love to own one. I can see myself being able to afford to buy one (eventually), it's just that once I've bought it I can't ever see myself being able to afford to run it ..... :(.

Cheers

Paul :)

• 4 years later...

Mark Wahlberg sports the new GMT II (116718)

wahlberg_much_2.jpg

very sad i know but im always watch spotting too. wife thinks im weird but hey ho .an intresting one you should see soon is with crufts dog show starting .the presenter ben fogle(i think)sports a breitling emmergency . i remember that from last year and i dont even like dog shows , im gone.......

Don't normally celebrity watch spot, but I do in the street! On a recent trip to the Caribbean, the most common 'luxury' watch I saw were black dialled SMP's, closely followed by the bond version, then Rolex DJ's, Panerai Sub's, Speedmasters but very few Breitlings. It seems that Omega are way ahead of any other manufacturer in amount seen.

Here in Stockholm I watch spot on the tube, easier in the summer! Noticed many women wearing SMP's, DJ's & Sub's, which is very sad because I notice what's on their wrist before I notice that the wrist belongs to yet another hot blonde! Mind you it has resulted in many conversations, usually because they're confused that I'm staring at the wrist as opposed to their face or chest :lol:

Yep, spot on the telly and in real life (the tube is always good to keep an eye on people's wrists). It is always amusing when on the telly you see characters wearing nice watches that they really couldn't actually afford... (mind you, I suspect the same thing is true about most of their clothing if you knew what to look for).

Ahh many thanks axys

Just did some searching and I don't think its either of them. More of a plain face.

I think he's got a few watches. I've seen him wearing a tag heuer monza on the telly before, but if you do a Google image search you get something different. All the images are too small for me to make out the watch though!