• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
mrteatime

80's Clothing

watch wise i had a digital that had 10 alarms on it......

clothes....sergio tracksuit, lois jumbo cords, frayed jeans, nike air burn, adidas gazzelle, roll necks...............................

Guest Timetraveller

YEAH ,BLUE TRAINERS STARSKY AND HUTCH,DOGY HAIR DOO AND T SHIRTS WITH I HATE WEST HAM CHEATS ;) :D

cool thread -too much to list .fades,tachini,kappa,ellesse,burghaus,lyle and scott polar necks,fila,paisley scarves,puma g villas,diadora borg elite, adidas lendl ,wax jackets,ski jackets,wet look perms,leather and suede jackets.

some of these im still wearing some im on the look out for .

watch wise -amazingly i still have all my old watches from when i was a kid i wore a digital , then a yess,then sekondas.

Various patched denim jackets (with the sleeves cut off) over a leather jacket, jeans & boots.

Only got my Sunday best left now:

DSCF0021.jpg

The Metallica patch was signed by the band after a gig at the NEC, like a t**t I carried on wearing it :*****:

In the 80`s I was married, a lot of the time miserable & wore really boring clothes eg grey cardigans, beige jumpers etc :ph34r:

I still have this watch (which I like) that I bought 20 years ago from a shop above a bus station in Kuala Lumpur for the princely sum of £8 :D

Orient 3 Star, 17 Jewel Manual Wind early `80`s

gallery_601_19_50776.jpg

In the 80`s I was married, a lot of the time miserable & wore really boring clothes eg grey cardigans, beige jumpers etc :ph34r:

I still have this watch (which I like) that I bought 20 years ago from a shop above a bus station in Kuala Lumpur for the princely sum of £8 :D

Orient 3 Star, 17 Jewel Manual Wind early `80`s

gallery_601_19_50776.jpg

:eek:

Early 80's I was wearing vintage US clothes or clothes in that style , regular trips to Kensington Market and Kings Road to visit shops like Johnsons , Rock-a-Cha , Flip, Spatz , Flak etc. Had an original horsehide A2 that cost £80 from Flak in the basement at Ken Market , had a few vintage watches even back then , Accutron Spaceview , Hamilton Pacer , Cortebert Chrono - used to be a guy dealing in them at Camden Market but I got all mine from a guy in Boston MA .

Would have been driving this amongst others .........

bronze.jpg

Guest Timetraveller

YEAH ,BLUE TRAINERS STARSKY AND HUTCH,DOGY HAIR DOO AND T SHIRTS WITH I HATE WEST HAM CHEATS ;) :D

:D

;)

Guest Timetraveller

Various patched denim jackets (with the sleeves cut off) over a leather jacket, jeans & boots.

Only got my Sunday best left now:

DSCF0021.jpg

The Metallica patch was signed by the band after a gig at the NEC, like a t**t I carried on wearing it :*****:

NICE MEMENTO :tongue2:

Guest Timetraveller

Early 80's I was wearing vintage US clothes or clothes in that style , regular trips to Kensington Market and Kings Road to visit shops like Johnsons , Rock-a-Cha , Flip, Spatz , Flak etc. Had an original horsehide A2 that cost £80 from Flak in the basement at Ken Market , had a few vintage watches even back then , Accutron Spaceview , Hamilton Pacer , Cortebert Chrono - used to be a guy dealing in them at Camden Market but I got all mine from a guy in Boston MA .

Would have been driving this amongst others .........

bronze.jpg

ITS LASTED WELL RON :lol:

School Uniform :(

We were that poor my mother had to dress me from the army navy store intil the teacher sent me home with a note for my mother saying I could no longer go to school dressed as a Japanese Admiral :o:lol:

School Uniform :(

We were that poor my mother had to dress me from the army navy store intil the teacher sent me home with a note for my mother saying I could no longer go to school dressed as a Japanese Admiral :o:lol:

JEEZ!!! You poor thing...I never realised you had stunted growth as a child :lol:

I spent most of the late eighties trying to get into girls :tongue2:

Hey, if boys are your thing, don't worry, it doesn't make you a bad guy! :ph34r::D

You can stop that, I'm sure I can find that pic of you with the hairy lip :tongue2:

PG help :shout:

I spent most of the late eighties trying to get into girls

And?

Were you successful?

Well I got past first base :tongue2:

EDIT: What ever that meant, I never really understood that crap

Edited by PhilM

I distinctly remember my dad taking me to a jeweller's in 1985 the week before I started primary school and buying me a red Timex (at least, I think it was a Timex) Snoopy watch (his arms were the clock hands) which was manually-wound. I learned to tell the time on that, and I wore it and treasured it from the ages of 4 to 13 (when I started high school, and it was replaced with an old Seamaster F300hz). Unfortunately it got lost, which is a pity, because if I still had it I would probably wear it.

So anyone know where I can get one? :P

I distinctly remember my dad taking me to a jeweller's in 1985 the week before I started primary school and buying me a red Timex (at least, I think it was a Timex) Snoopy watch (his arms were the clock hands) which was manually-wound. I learned to tell the time on that, and I wore it and treasured it from the ages of 4 to 13 (when I started high school, and it was replaced with an old Seamaster F300hz). Unfortunately it got lost, which is a pity, because if I still had it I would probably wear it.

So anyone know where I can get one? :P

Maybe :whistle:

b7416a.jpg

redwatch.jpg

Edited by unlcky alf