• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been obsessing over this for the past twenty-four hours. It absolutely floors me...and to learn he lives less than ninety miles from here...perhaps I should "drop" in on him some time.

Also, just found a site with this VERY cool snippet:

At the end of the video, when Kittinger has just landed, another man runs up, pats him affectionately on the head, and gives him the finger. What was that about, I ask? "Oh, that was Francis Beaupre, the designer of the parachute. The one-finger salute was for all the people who said we couldn't do it. There are always going to be people around telling you you can't do stuff. Just give them that one-finger salute and keep going."

Kinda says it all, eh?

From the Sunday Times, 12 August

"TO SOME it may seem ill-advised, but Michel Fournier, a retired French army officer, is about to attempt a remarkable feat, jumping from a helium-filled balloon 25 miles above the Earth, falling faster and further than any parachutist before.

He is expecting to drop through the stratosphere at up to 1,000mph, becoming the first free-falling human to break the sound barrier. To get into position to make his jump he will need to break the world record for the highest balloon flight. ......"

Full story here

• 5 years later...