• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Timefactors And Speedbird Watch ?

pcn1

Can anyone tell me more about Timefactors (who are they or him ?) and the speedbird watch.

Im keen on the Speedbird 11, but I think its sold out. On the website they talk of a Speedbird 111 being availible from september ?

Any comments on the quality of these watches ?

Thanks

Well I don't feel hesitant about posting :D

Timefactors is run by Eddie Platts, based in Sheffield. He commissions designs for watches which, usually I think, are then manufactured in Switzerland.

I have three watches from Timefactors:

"Goldbird" version of the Speedbird II

goldbird2.jpg

Speedbird 1903

speedbird1903.jpg

PRS-11DN

prs-11dn.jpg

They're excellent watches. I had a small problem with my 1903 that required its return (via Eddie) to Switzerland and which was corrected very quickly.

I do like that "Italian" (if that's what it's called). I followed the development for a while, then forgot about it and missed out. 44mm is pushing it for me though.

The Italian LE sold out from its reserve list. The first ten non-LEs went in 24 hours, but Eddie is expecting another 100 in Sept. Keep your eye on the site though, I can't see them hanging around for long.

I have dealt with Eddie in the past. I found him friendly, polite and couldn't fault his customer service. However he is not what I would consider cheap. I find Roy's prices more reasonable.

I was not that happy with the Zeno automatic., either, and moved it on very quickly.

Rob

I have a Speedbird MKI and MKII and love them both.

You should also check out Roy's site click the RLT Watches button at the top of the page and go and have a look at the RLT69, Ollech and Wajs Military and Swiss Military Style watches.

Cheers,

Tim.