• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
MarkF

Crocs

Like them or loathe them?

070420_crocs_hmed_1130a.hmedium.jpg

I bloody well loathe them and would not be seen dead in a pair, if Carolyn brought some home our relationship would be over.

Like them or loathe them?

I bloody well loathe them and would not be seen dead in a pair, if Carolyn brought some home our relationship would be over.

They were interesting last year on girls when they were rare, now they are everywhere.

So know they are no longer interesting, however that's fashion for you.

I had never heard of them untill we went to Norfolk for a week recently, Aly said she wanted some......Untill we got to the seafront at Hunstanton and it seemed that everyone was wearing them, they were everywhere......

She diddnt get any.....

There's one particular model I'd like to try out as an OR shoe. Twelve years on and I still haven't found something decent to wear while I'm operating :blink: I haven't seen them on the shelf and the colours on the site are wacky.

There's one particular model I'd like to try out as an OR shoe. Twelve years on and I still haven't found something decent to wear while I'm operating :blink: I haven't seen them on the shelf and the colours on the site are wacky.

I have to wear OR shoes occasionally, I wish I had my own, the ones I have to wear usually look, ermmm 'colourful' ( I say colourful, just one colour really :ph34r: ) I dont think having those holes in them would do your socks any favors :D

Blimey, I'm so out of touch....never heard of them. :(

Philippa has and so has Matilda (11) ... but we don't have any in our household. They look quite nice.

Blimey, I'm so out of touch....never heard of them. :(

Philippa has and so has Matilda (11) ... but we don't have any in our household. They look quite nice.

I had imagined everybody that they would be very popular in Brighton. I think they look cak.

I'd never heard of them until I went to Spain last month to visit my parents. My dad was wearing a pair (he's 69) apparently they are all the rage with the "young at heart" ex-pats :kid:

Edited by mutley

Kids live in them all summer, ideal for the beach, swimming pool etc., sister in law wears them at work in the OR and the wards, and loves hers, 80 year old mother swears they are the most comfy shoes she has ever owned.

But I wouldn't be seen dead in them.

D.

They remind me of the childrens plastic sandals that were around in the early 1960's

litlun has a pair of the cheap copies (or are they fakes or homages) either way she has worn them all summer, a friend has a genuine pair and tbh I can see no difference apart from the little badge :ph34r:

I dont think having those holes in them would do your socks any favors :D

That's why it's taken me so long to try a pair - I have to have the no-holes type. Holes in shoes and arthroscopy don't mix well :lol: I've seen guys wear wellies, but I need a little more foot support than they provide.

The only people I have seen wearing these hideous shoes around here are those ladies of a certain age trying to look trendy ( you know the sort, mutton dressed as lamb )

And those young ladies of a certain weight!! :blink::lol:

I did see a bloke wearing a pair last weekend. They were blue and his socks were grey! :*****:

The only people I have seen wearing these hideous shoes around here are those ladies of a certain age trying to look trendy ( you know the sort, mutton dressed as lamb )

I did see a bloke wearing a pair last weekend. They were blue and his socks were grey! :*****:

As you live by the sea I'm surprised that you haven't seen them on the beach, on boats, etc, etc.

Our 4 1/2 year old adores hers and wouldn't be without them........................

I have recently converted - brilliant for boating, gardening, beach use and general knocking about.

Forget the socks ( how peculiarly English!! :lol:) that is not how they are/were expected tobe used

the crocs makers are branching out into clothing! As long as they ain't the same material!!!

Colin they do an enclosed (ie no holes) version as well as other designs. http://www.crocs.com/

The major problem with Crocs seems to be that they are so popular that you may struggle to find what you want....................

The US site doesn't ship internationally

I dont think having those holes in them would do your socks any favors :D

That's why it's taken me so long to try a pair - I have to have the no-holes type. Holes in shoes and arthroscopy don't mix well :lol: I've seen guys wear wellies, but I need a little more foot support than they provide.

I worked in theatre for several years, and used to wear Scholl clogs; they sterilised without damage and were superbly comfortable when you were on your feet for hours on end. As I recall they were drilled through with a metal plug in the heel, as an earth, to prevent static build up.

Hey Colin, the theatre I used to work, the staff there started to buy these crocs, however the unit is having a blanket ban on having your own shoes; they claim infection rates are high because of them, they are getting stock shoes that they can put in an autoclave. The upshot of this is.........will there be the right size shoe when you need it??????........I don't think so :blink:

Bloody hell Chris.......the static plug was when the anaesthetic gases used to explode :ph34r:

Edited by nursegladys

Hey Colin, the theatre I used to work, the staff there started to buy these crocs, however the unit is having a blanket ban on having your own shoes; they claim infection rates are high because of them, they are getting stock shoes that they can put in an autoclave. The upshot of this is.........will there be the right size shoe when you need it??????........I don't think so :blink:

Bloody hell Chris.......the static plug was when the anaesthetic gases used to explode :ph34r:

They've just banned them in one NHS area (Yorkshire I think) because the build up of static is so great that it is affecting some of the equipment/monitors in the wards and ORs

They've just banned them in one NHS area (Yorkshire I think) because the build up of static is so great that it is affecting some of the equipment/monitors in the wards and ORs

I heard that on the news as well, the NHS are looking at banning them in all hospitals.

Great though aint they for scrunching all those Llandudno jelly fish ;)

As you live by the sea I'm surprised that you haven't seen them on the beach, on boats, etc, etc.

Our 4 1/2 year old adores hers and wouldn't be without them........................

I have recently converted - brilliant for boating, gardening, beach use and general knocking about.

Forget the socks ( how peculiarly English!! :lol:) that is not how they are/were expected tobe used

Beach. What beach. After the floods of 1993, the council panicked and proceeded to dump thousands of tons of rocks on the beach. :cry2: Totally ruined a wonderful sandy bay. You now have to wait for the tide to go out to get to the sand now. :taz: