• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
denslen

Quartz Alignment?

Is this thread still going? I though my answer in post #3 was perfect! :D

Yeah, but then we had the 'Griff factor' to contend with :D

You guys should take a look at a few Hamilton Electrics....the second hand on these bounces all over the place ;)

That`s different, it`s character :P

Your wit is unparalled as per usual Stanley

Your should change your name to Nighthawk.

Don't you ever go to bed !!!! :o

chimp.jpg

Edited by Griff

Don't you ever go to bed !!!! :o

Very often, but I don't always stay there for long. ;)

Having not had chance to reply to this thread earlier, I just been speaking to a non WIS (My Brother) I asked him about his Tag and the aligment of the second hand .... basically the reply I got was, what are you asking and why does it matter :blink:

I tried to explain all be it badly :D but basically he didn't really care :( I'm now sure he thinks I'm strange and won't be calling me for a few weeks :D

Anyway back to the point, I would say on the number of people I've asked so far, 100% of them don't care ;)

Anyway back to the point, I would say on the number of people I've asked so far, 100% of them don't care ;)

Of course they don't Phil...they have more important things to worry about.

I'm with you and Jason on this...those people who fret about a second hand that might not line with a dial baton either need to get a life or buy a digital watch.

All of the above IMHO of course. ;)

You think so!!!!

You must have been getting too many watch shocks me old "sparrer" ;)

Them there electrics must be really running you down Hawky. How many batteries per week do they need these days!!? :o:lol:

A true story...

Years ago I looked after this guy who was always worrying about the state of the world to such an extent that it meant he was unable to function in the community or hold down a job.

One day during one of his conversations on how bad things were, I asked him to stop and look out the window at some birds, I then said instead of worrying about all that stuff he should try worrying about what they were going to do next ie were they going to fly off or look for worms or whatever, he found this idea so crazy that for the first time in ages he laughed and said I was weird.

From then on every time he started to get worked up with his `worries` I reminded him of the birds and each time he`d laugh & call me crazy.

He was discharged after few months & when I met him some years later he had a flat , been doing some course or other and had a full time job, he told me that my comment about the birds had helped him no end.

The moral... if you worry about the truly unimportant things, the rest, as an Polish ex-girlfriend of mine used to say "is just toothpaste" :P

You can tell I`m working nights again can`t you? :wacko::rolleyes:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Whatever it is you're on Mac.....................I don't want any!!!! :o:lol:

Remind me to tell you the time I calmed down an agitated client with a toy `zap` gun :lol:

Whatever it is you're on Mac.....................I don't want any!!!! :o:lol:

Remind me to tell you the time I calmed down an agitated client with a toy `zap` gun :lol:

do tell mac

Is this thread still going? I though my answer in post #3 was perfect! :D

Yeah, but then we had the 'Griff factor' to contend with :D

You're right of course Jason

I've actually heard a girl say to her boyfriend just the other Saturday in Bury to not get that one in the window of the jewellers because the seconds were out!!! They must have been WIS then musn't they!!!! :blink:

I hate my watches to tick out of allignment with the markers. I have rejected watches for this and have stood watching them in shop windows until I am happy with a watch prior to a purchase, I'm sure other people don't like shoddy products. I have a £50 Pulsar that is spot on, so there is no excuse for a premium brand to get away with this. An Omega I would expect nothing less than quality in every aspect of it.