• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Lost Marathon "0" Luminous Pip Off Bezel: Help!

fast but dim

hope that makes sense: the triangular luminous pip on the bezel of my tsar has fallen out, i can remember someone else had this problem, but can't find the post.

as far as i see it i can return the watch for repair ( lot of hassle), get a new pip off marathon, paint the triangle white or get some luminova paint!

any suggestions?

thanks for the reply pinkwindmill

i knew i'd seen someone with the same problem.

out of interest did they charge you for the repair? i've been quoted $35 including return shipping to switzerland: i know that's reasonable, but i am dissapionted that a watch designed to be so robust suffers from such a fault.I bought the watch second hand, so do not know it's age with regards to a warranty.

why did you send it back twice btw?

I might go down the lines of pushing for a free replacement saying its a design fault if i have no success in getting a replacement "pip": i don't thinkit's unreasonably for a watch marketed as a sar divers watch not to fall apart when i take my jumper off!

anyone else had this happen

thanks for the reply pinkwindmill

i knew i'd seen someone with the same problem.

out of interest did they charge you for the repair? i've been quoted $35 including return shipping to switzerland: i know that's reasonable, but i am dissapionted that a watch designed to be so robust suffers from such a fault.I bought the watch second hand, so do not know it's age with regards to a warranty.

why did you send it back twice btw?

I might go down the lines of pushing for a free replacement saying its a design fault if i have no success in getting a replacement "pip": i don't thinkit's unreasonably for a watch marketed as a sar divers watch not to fall apart when i take my jumper off!

anyone else had this happen

No charge but mine was a May 2006 Contract so was quite new. I did pay my shipping costs though.

It went back twice because they didn't fit the replacemet bezel properly the first time.

35$, so about £17 including shipping? Not bad IMO, seeing as that will probably be a replacement bezel.

Good luck anyhow.

Cheers,

Guy :)

Edited by pinkwindmill