• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
JoT

Roamer Military Watches

I read somewhere that Roamer made watches for the Rhodesian army and airforce in the 1970's. I have come across a handwound Roamer in the style of the CWC 1970's military watch. On the back thee is a number preceded by the letters "RA" is this Rhodesian Army I wonder?

As far as I know they were never issued to the British military.

Has anyone got any information on these watches?

RA does mean Rhodesian Army - Roamer's were used mainly in the 1970's and would have seen action in the Bush War. I have also found out that a watch make called "Zaigor" was issued in the 1960's a mere 30mm in diameter.

Hi John,

I read some where( buggered if I can remember) that the Roamer Anfibio was issued to some armed forces, though I don't know if this is true or which forces would have had them.

John,

Did "Anfibio" indicate a level of water ressistance, I wonder? I know that Roamer's are quite well respected by some, the Brevette is very popular it seems.

I don't know much about them, I'm afraid.

John,

Did "Anfibio" indicate a level of water ressistance, I wonder? I know that Roamer's are quite well respected by some ...

could be Stan I think "anfibio" means "amphibian" in Italian and Spanish. I suppose amphibians are water resistant not waterproof! :D