• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Cwc G10

pcn1

Well its arrived from Silvermans. First impression is good. The second hand lands exactly on the second marker on the dial !I really went for it as its the "real deal" so to speak and comments on these forums that the MWC was not as good.

I find the strap a little strange (my first nylon), its only 17mm wide and can slide on the pins which are 18mm. Ive got small wrists and its very long, are you supposed to cut to the required lengh ? Also instaed of the buckle sitting half way around its more like 3/4 way round ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Congratulations on the new watch. I think you will find that the NATO strap is 18mm and the lugs are 18.5mm, if I remember correctly. On my 7 inch wrists the buckle sits off to the edge as well, not too hard to get used to. It is better not to cut it. You can do a search on this forum for the ways to use a NATO or you can just Google "how to wear a nato strap" and you will find photographic instructions.

Later,

William

Well its arrived from Silvermans. First impression is good. The second hand lands exactly on the second marker on the dial !I really went for it as its the "real deal" so to speak and comments on these forums that the MWC was not as good.

I find the strap a little strange (my first nylon), its only 17mm wide and can slide on the pins which are 18mm. Ive got small wrists and its very long, are you supposed to cut to the required lengh ? Also instaed of the buckle sitting half way around its more like 3/4 way round ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

I wore one for years.

Pass the strap through in the normal way and then pass it back through over the top.

Some people pass it back through between the two, whichever suits you.

Dont recomment cutting it. Even if you seal it they tend to fray.

How to wear a nato strap

Edited by USEDMODEL

My G10 is definitely 19mm :)

I imagine they have updated the spec a nuber of times over the years. Going by the document that I posted, it seems like quite a bit of latitude in size between the lugs and strap. I have no idea toward what end this was done. The mechanics of the interface between watch and strap, in this application, seems painfully simple, maybe I am missing something? :)

Later,

William

Thanks for the replys. I phoned Silvermans and they told me not to cut it but tuck it back on itself as you suggest.

I'll ask Roy how wide his 18mm Nato's are (i.e. are they wider than the 17mm Ive got !)

The only funny thing is after a few years of wearing Divers watches and a 40mm dial I bought from Roy, having a smaller watch on the wrist felt a little strange at first. But now its natural and the reason I bought the watch was for a smaller hard wearing Quartz watch to use when out on the motorbike. I think this watch is going to be just fine !

Thanks

Edited by pcn1

I wasn't overly keen on the supplied nylon strap and replaced it with a black leather nato (from RLT)- it's a normal length strap so no wrap around and I find it much more comfortable, it does take a bit of effort squeezing through the lugs though as it's a fair amount fatter than nylon

g10_leather.jpg

ps. I should add, that's not my wrist - it's a cat, couldn't find a dark enough background to sit it on

Edited by jimh

I wasn't overly keen on the supplied nylon strap and replaced it with a black leather nato (from RLT)- it's a normal length strap so no wrap around and I find it much more comfortable, it does take a bit of effort squeezing through the lugs though as it's a fair amount fatter than nylon

g10_leather.jpg

ps. I should add, that's not my wrist - it's a cat, couldn't find a dark enough background to sit it on

I`m amazed a Tortishell would let you do that :o

Welcome to the forum BTW :rltb:

Edited by mach 0.0013137