• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

'' Base- How Low Can You Go''

jasonm

Woo hoo!

I got a new watch, what a beauty, the Panerai 112 'Base' from 2005.

I have wanted one for absolutely ages, I have looked at the 'homage’s' and resisted. I have found that for me, a homage only makes me want the real deal even more, and besides, some watches shouldn’t be easy to get otherwise we would have nothing to aspire to.

So, I was lucky enough this year to have been able to afford to buy this one from Jon, he has kept it in fabulous condition, on his sales advert he highlighted some ’wabi’ on the case, I laughed when I finally found the micromarks he was refering to, a testament to his 'full disclosure' policy, seriously, they hardly warranted a mention...

Its not often I get a watch that exceeds my expectations, this was one of them, as soon as I unwrapped it I started a grin that hasn’t stopped yet, its a seriously well made beast of a watch, nice and heavy and ultra legible having no complications or distractions like a date or seconds hand...

The sandwich dial is great to look at and the lume is fantastic! hands and dial match in colour ( which is just as well as that’s a particular bug of mine if they don’t) and the lume lasts for ages and ages, very impressed...

Only one pic at the moment the weather has been shit and Ive had no time to myself except late at night so this is it....

It’s on a ill fitting Strap Culture at the moment but the Toshi is on its way...

Thanks Jon for another great easy transaction :D

pancrop.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, Andy you will like the 300mEco, its a great watch...

Z, I need to put it on a decent well fitting strap, the one its on needs a hole in between the holes at the mo if you know what I mean, but initially its great, the crown guard doesn't dig either....

I don't like it :tongue2:

Ok, so I'm lying. You know I do really. :D

I have looked at the 'homage’s' and resisted. I have found that for me, a homage only makes me want the real deal even more, and besides, some watches shouldn’t be easy to get otherwise we would have nothing to aspire to.

OK, you've made your point, but my watch fund is in a bad way at the moment so my MM will have to do for now :sadwalk:

Rich

:thumbsup:

Really glad youre enjoying it mate! Its a superb watch and imho very comfy. Thorpey, The crown is just perfect in use. Its high enough and smooth enough not to get in your way or touch your wrist etc.

Jase, yeah I know I made a lot about the small wabi on this one but I didnt want the buyer to be dissappointed in any way. So extra pleased to know youre loving it mate :)

Now all you need is a straps collection... As soon as I got the Panerai I started collecting straps for it, I had over 30 at one point in 24mm and that was my only 24mm watch! To be honest I only ever wore it on a black Europelli Shell Cordovan and a Delurian Russe, the Delurian was superb but the Europelli was a good one for under a work shirt as it wasnt at all bulky or long. Shane's creations are best suited to weekend wear (especially the lengths I order them in :) ).

Wear it in good health mate :)

Cheers all, :)

Jon, yeah, I know, I think the straps collection will grow now too!

Ive just put it on a sand coloured Zulu and it looks superb, a good friend of mine said that the whole look of the watch changes so much with different straps and he was spot on :)

Very nice. I caught a glimpse of one at the cricket the other day, I don't think photos do the quality any favours on this type. It looked very well made indeed and had great wrist presence, my eyes were following everywhere....saddo...lol