• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Citizen 1000 Pro Diver.

AlexR

Nalu bought one too and actually dives in it. He wrote :

Made two dives in Hawai'i, wore two watches for each dive.

The Citizen 1000m: easy read at depth (and on surface - see below); bezel easily turned with light (reef) gloves on and simply aligned with minute hand to mark safety stop time; no snagging on kit despite high profile 

Citizen Ti Aqualand Eco-Drive with chrono and depth guage: moderately easy to read at depth - although the skeleton H-M hands are hard to read at a glance on the surface (maybe due to magnification or color filtering underwater?), bezel difficult to turn with gloves on, analog depth guage works well (easily read, compared well with my console depth guage); low profile; smart (if busy) face. Power difficult to keep at LV2 (full charge), which is a little nerve wracking as it tends to discharge rapidly to LV1, which is the minimal charge for diving 

Overall, the 1000m is definitely a diver's dive watch: very robust, simple operation, simple to read, car accident looks (I can't not look at it!). Love the blue phosphor! The Aqualand is both dressier and sportier (Ti band v. rubber), but maybe not as useful despite all it's gee-gaws.

More to follow after Turks and Caicos in Jan, should make 20+ dives that week and further separate men from boys.

Alex,

Still love my Citizen 1000m and it remains the best dive watch I've ever worn. It will remain my right wrist backup for my left wrist dive computer for the foreseeable future. I posted a photo essay with a more in depth review at TZ-UK under the digital photography section.

It wears smaller than it is/looks, as Sam wrote. My current, very minor, gripes:

1. Non-hacking second hand.

2. Relatively small dial for such a huge watch. Not really a problem due to the 20% magnification you get underwater, but as I get older I reserve the right to change my opinion smile.gif

Everyone on this board keeps calling the cal. 8203B movement of the Citizen Promaster 1000m Professional Diver's as "special".

Why so?

I recall someone posting that, and I quote, "... the movement is reworked and refinished...".

Welcome to the forum,hope it not the last time you will visit us.

Nice to meet you all, AlexR thanks for the welcome, mate!

Hopefully, I'm here to stay.

It is always good news to "meet" people still fascinated by anything mechanical, especially watches, in those digital times!

Cheers,

George.