• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Battery Replacement

Boxbrownie

You got that right Jon......battery replacement was a doddle providing you have a driver that fits perfectly, but the old battery was a bloody tight fit!

And yes I did try without the book first........then I did the same as you :rolleyes: ....well when was the last time we stopped to ask directions too? :D

Ear' now theres a funny thing........

A fair few weeks ago I noticed the second hand on my X33 seemed to be very slightly off alignment.....which annoyed me somewhat as I had been very happy that it had always been bonk on as far as lining up with the indices......only this morning I noticed that the seconhand is now absolutely bonk on again, on every hour marker it lays slap in the centre....happy bunny!

I wonder.....could it be a duff battery and not enough "umph" to snap the mechanism into correct position...seems a helluva coincidence to me....

OK wish me luck.....took four shops before I found one with a battery in stock.....off to change the battery now......or at least loose three screws, curse a lot and spend the rest of the evening sifting through the carpet debris! :lol:

Hi David,

You've brought to mind one of my, should have thought about it first, moments.

Got a lovely piece of carpet for me dungeon in the loft.

Nice thick carpet but EXACTLY the same colour as spring bars and link pins...... :search:

Long time since I've had carpet burns on me knees. :to_become_senile:

OK wish me luck.....took four shops before I found one with a battery in stock.....off to change the battery now......or at least loose three screws, curse a lot and spend the rest of the evening sifting through the carpet debris! :lol:

Hi David,

You've brought to mind one of my, should have thought about it first, moments.

Got a lovely piece of carpet for me dungeon in the loft.

Nice thick carpet but EXACTLY the same colour as spring bars and link pins...... :search:

Long time since I've had carpet burns on me knees. :to_become_senile:

Nip down to your local friendly car parts shop and buy one of those magnet bars that your supposed to screw on the wall (knive storage for kitchen is the same).....just don't screw it to the wall.....next time you get that little spring make a dive for freedom just sweep across the floor/carpet and you'll gather up all the other lost little springs and screws...........but not the one your looking for! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done David, you're a braver man than me.

I'm always amazed at how far spring bars can... well spring. I spend over half an hour searching for one last weekend and I saw it pop out too :umnik2:.

Cheers,

Gary

Spring bars are the "Linford Christie" of watch components.......and please, absolutely no one make any comment regarding lunch boxes OK? :nono: :lol: