• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Cheap Navitimers At Argos!!

MIKE

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Argos has some nice [cheap] watches in. I was surprised when the last catalogue came out. Alot of them have been taking cues from past and famous designs. Have been looking at a few, and thinking if only they had better movements in etc.

i agree with both of you argos have some nice looking watches in i like this £39.99 bargin

299-2832245SPA70UC494549X.jpg

bowie

Saw these on posters at Argos when I was out shopping today :cry2: Tried to have a look at one but they are not in the stores yet :blink:

299-2834384A70UC520395X.jpg

They look the part and I guess a nice quartz watch for £70 don't know how Swiss they are these days :ph34r:

Mike

Interesting, I might check that out next time I`m in Argos :)

Regarding the Swiss connection I notice a lot of their watches have `Est. in Switzerland 1895` on the dial instead of `Swiss Made` or similar ;)

BTW I quite like the look of this automatic...

100c%20b.jpg

They nicked the Breitling wings logo! :nono:

Naa, they`ve used the winged wheel logo for years :wink2:

Rotary, A.Schild cal.2063 21 Jewels, circa 1960s?

gallery_601_19_55898.jpg

Rotary Elite 200 Metres (circa 2005)

med_gallery_601_19_57766.jpg

Just managed to reserve one in my local branch..

BTW in the Sale leaflet it says .... "measures 1/4 sec, 30 minutes, 12 hours" but to me the 3 o'clock dial looks like a 24h register....anyone know for sure?

Roger

I see what you mean Roger but surely if true it should read the same as the main hands ie 10:09? :huh:

Tum tee tum.....

GOT ONE!

I'm waiting for my Seamaster birthday pressie (Jan) but when I saw this thread last night, I knew I had to get one of those Navitimer-style Rotarys!!

Here are some pics....

S7304419.jpg

S7304425.jpg

S7304430.jpg

S7304433.jpg

S7304443.jpg

Initial impressions-

Seems to be the right kind of size for a Navitimer - although less deep as its just a quartz. Obviously lighter too, which actually makes it quite comfortable to wear. The bezel does not actually turn - the slide rule is operated using the crown at top left - feels like quite a smooth motion.

Overall - not a bad for a beater tha looks pretty close to a Navitimer at first glance!

Any questions or pic requests?

Just managed to reserve one in my local branch..

BTW in the Sale leaflet it says .... "measures 1/4 sec, 30 minutes, 12 hours" but to me the 3 o'clock dial looks like a 24h register....anyone know for sure?

Roger

Is indeed a 24h dial at 3 o'clock.

The stopwatch looks a bit daft ticking along a second at a time. You kind of expect to see a sweeping second hand, but since it's quartz...

The leather strap feels quite nice - padded with a soft suede lining and a croc-effect on the outside. I think the Navitimers have a pale thread rather than the brown thread here.

The glass is flatt too and appears not to have any anti-reflective coating (didnt really expect any at this price!)

Edited by JustWatchMe

On closer inspection, the glass is actually slightly domed! It makes no reference to the glass/crystal material in the paperwork. I am presuming its something cheap. I hope it doesnt scratch too easily!

There are full instruction on how to use the slide rule to calculate various things - far too taxing for a sunday afternoon!

Overall - very happy with it!

Something to keep me entertained until I get my Seamaster in January.

If I get on with this Rotary over the next few months, I will certainly consider saving up for a Navitimer!

Any further questions are welcome.

Its not a GMT dial - its a 24h indicator. i.e. of the main hands show 6:30, you can look at the 24h dial you see if its am (6.5) or pm (18.5) - geddit?

I have always liked this feature. It's very useful if you tend to pass out on parties, or someone slips you a pill and you wake up in a strange hotel with stitches and organs missing. Hallo officer...for how long was I unconscious? Let me check my watch...

:D

(Nice touch nevertheless).