• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Cheap Navitimers At Argos!!

MIKE

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the Rose Gold Sekonda Chrono and it had the same/similar mov't to this Chronospeed with the 24 hr sub-dial. The RRP for that was GBP60, so with a Rotary name and a rotating bezel it must be worth the extra?

A Chronospeed just sold on eBay for GBP103 (seller claimed to have paid GBP240!!!)

I had the Rose Gold Sekonda Chrono and it had the same/similar mov't to this Chronospeed with the 24 hr sub-dial. The RRP for that was GBP60, so with a Rotary name and a rotating bezel it must be worth the extra?

A Chronospeed just sold on eBay for GBP103 (seller claimed to have paid GBP240!!!)

I was going to post this. :) I was tempted to have a punt on it, but it got a bit silly in the end.

I bought something else instead. :D

Edited by thunderbolt

So does the chrono function to 60 minutes elapsed time only?

Indeed it does, I have just bought one too and I love it. It isn't the same mov't as the Sekonda as the main seconds hand on the Rotary is the chrono hand whereas on the Sekonda it is the sub-dial.

Really like the watch, the little touches like the screw in crown make it such a bargain at £70.

The guy on the counter said he has sold 3 this week before me and only had 5 left from a stock of 15.

The glass is mineral crystal and has a very slight dome on it.

Lug width is 22mm and the strap has curved ends like the Breitling so that the case flows into the strap.

Edited by dougal74

So does the chrono function to 60 minutes elapsed time only?

Indeed it does, I have just bought one too and I love it. It isn't the same mov't as the Sekonda as the main seconds hand on the Rotary is the chrono hand whereas on the Sekonda it is the sub-dial.

Really like the watch, the little touches like the screw in crown make it such a bargain at £70.

The guy on the counter said he has sold 3 this week before me and only had 5 left from a stock of 15.

The glass is mineral crystal and has a very slight dome on it.

Lug width is 22mm and the strap has curved ends like the Breitling so that the case flows into the strap.

They are not bad, are they!? I'm warming to mine nicely and am seriously thinking about getting a Navitimer when the funds allow.

The strap is particularly good and very well finished. Much lower profile that a full auto Navitimer.

Just purchased one of these today on the strength of this thread. I'm extremely impressed; my only reservation is the slightly domed glass. I'm not sure how this fits in to the whole look of the watch, although to be honest this is a minor gripe, especially considering the price.

Just purchased one of these today on the strength of this thread. I'm extremely impressed; my only reservation is the slightly domed glass. I'm not sure how this fits in to the whole look of the watch, although to be honest this is a minor gripe, especially considering the price.

Congrats on the new purchase!

I'm interested to know - In what way is the glass a reservation for you? Not domed enough?

It doesn't bother me too much. My concern is how scratch resistant it is.

One other thing to note is the the curved end leather band is secured by two spring bars not one (one next to the case and one on the end of the lug). I'm currenly looking at metal bands and will have to think hard about how these will fit? :huh:

That is really useful to know - can you post any pics of the fixings?

Just bagged one of these myself.

Supposedly RRP is £140 (according to the poster in the store - and they're half price at £70). That might explain why the guy on Ebay is selling them at about £120, I guess...

First impressions, it's quite nice - certainly one of the better looking £70 quartz watches out there, and from a reputable "watch" brand, rather than a "fashion" brand. I've a lot of time for this sort of watch - I bought an Accurist quartz chrono from Amazon for similar money earlier in the year and it's gained 1 second in 6 months...

Cheers,

Guy :)

Edited by pinkwindmill

Sorry, I don't have a camera here in Amsterdam. One set of lug holes are close to the case (approx. 2mm) and the second set further out on the lugs at about 4mm.

I presume it is to help stabilise the chunky curved end of the leather band?

Sorry, I don't have a camera here in Amsterdam. One set of lug holes are close to the case (approx. 2mm) and the second set further out on the lugs at about 4mm.

Ah, I think I see. If you use the holes furthest from the case there will be a large gap between the case and the strap/band end, and if you use the holes nearest the case the lug ends will appear to stick out too far. Hmm, let us know if you come up with a good solution - there must be some bands that work!

Mmmm, just reserved one along with a work colleague. It will do very nicely as a daily wearer whilst prolonging the life of my Navi World!

I have a Rotary Khalif too, which is a pretty rare watch so it will be nice to add another Rotary to the collection!

SH1017861024x768.jpg

SH1016681280x768.jpg

Stef

Just picked one of these Chronospeeds up.compared to my Sekonda 3847 I was using as a daily wearer,it feels a fraction heavier.The locking crown is a nice feature.IMO the Chronospeed looks better in reality than it does in the catalogue photos.I wasnt expecting too much for 70 quid but overall first impressions are good.

Regards, Neil.

Saw these on posters at Argos when I was out shopping today :cry2: Tried to have a look at one but they are not in the stores yet :blink:

299-2834384A70UC520395X.jpg

They look the part and I guess a nice quartz watch for £70 don't know how Swiss they are these days :ph34r:

Mike

Hi

This will be a Miyota Japanese movement i would imagine. Does anyone know if it has a stainless case or is it chrome plated as so many of Rotary's offerings are?

Rob

Update-

Just for reference, I am now on my third version of this watch! :blink:

The first one had a few 'sticking points' on the rotating slide rule - as I turned it there were a couple of points where it almost jammed and felt very rough. This developed after a few days of use.

Argos were very good at swapping it with out any questions.

I noticed that the second one has a small chip on the edge of the glass near the date marker! I didnt notice this at first. I dont remember catching it on anything and have been very careful with the watch so can only presume it was there from the start.

Anyways, just manaded to swap it for a second time this morning - again, Argos were really good.

It just made me realise though that I have been rather spoiled of late, trying on all manner of Omegas, Tags and Breitlings - I have gotten used to feeling a top quality product. I just have to accept that when you only spend £70 on a budget watch that it might not be made to the highest standards!

I still like this Rotary and I hope I have better luck this time. It doesnt stop me looking forward to getting my Seamaster in January though!

Edited by JustWatchMe

Ah, I think I see. If you use the holes furthest from the case there will be a large gap between the case and the strap/band end, and if you use the holes nearest the case the lug ends will appear to stick out too far. Hmm, let us know if you come up with a good solution - there must be some bands that work!

Tried one on today, but this i think must have only had 1 spring bar as the strap was turning at the lug, this put me off buying it as it didnt look too good with the curved strap ends sticking up. Also not sure if the case is SS or plated too?

Rob

• 4 months later...