• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

In A Quandry

Barreti

Hi,

I bought an AstroAvia R7 Chrono off these hallowed pages not very long ago. Lovely watch and looks worth far more than it cost even if bought new IMHO

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?s...mp;hl=astroavia

(sorry for the massive photo's !)

BUT

I have a disability which in the main doesn't bother me at all but just occasionally drives me nuts .. I'm colourblind.

The reason I'm telling you this is one of the things I have a real problem with is seeing the colour Red on a Black background (or the colour Purple which I can't see at all !)

It didn't dawn on me when I bought the watch, because as usual everything in a photo is 10x bigger than in real life and it didn't occur to me I wouldn't be able to see the Red chrono hands on the actual watch.

So - what do I do? Flip it, or see if someone could mod it for me and paint the hands yellow so I can see them.

I've never had a watch modified so I have no idea how complicated this would be and if its worth it for this watch bearing in mind its relatively small value.

I look forward to reading your advice.

Ta. IanB

Painting the hands should be easy, and cheap enough to do.

But, you might also want to consider changing the hands completely - different style as well as colour.

Have a look at Roys site, he sells replacement hands for around £7.50 - I can't see the original pics because they've been removed.

http://www.rltwatches.co.uk/acatalog/info_1644.html

Keep the original hands, if you ever decide to flip the watch the new owner might want to refit them.

Have a look at Roys site, he sells replacement hands for around £7.50 - I can't see the original pics because they've been removed.

Try this

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33762

Rich

Cheers Rich

I can see the scope of the problem now, it's probably cheaper and easier to repaint them.

It should be an easy DIY job as long as you have a steady hand.

Edited by catflem

I'm starting to think you're right Vince.

I don't even know how to get a crown out - which I guess is the first step to getting to the dial and hands - so although I think I've still got a steady hand and could repaint the hands Yellow (well, I was damned good a painting my Airfix planes - even used to paint the faces and clothes on the airmen!), perhaps the money would be better tucked away while I look for something else.

But then, it would burn a hole in my pocket and I'd probably buy another RLT before I found something else :(

So I'm still a bit :blink: