• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Edele

Mothman

Being in a bit of retro vibe at present and looking for dress watch for the odd ocassion when the 710 won't be seen out with me in jeans and T-shirt, I managed to find this 1960's NOS on the bay. Like most I normaly prefer stainless rather the GP, but I'm a sucker for a square or rectangular case and so thought 'what the hell' and pulled the trigger. Heres some pics shamelessly pinched from the seller:-

Edele3.jpg

Edele2.jpg

Edele4.jpg

The lighting on the pics makes the dial look greenish but it is in fact a lovely gold brown colour.

The asthetics of the watch aside, which I love but which I know will not be to some tastes, I have to say that I am very impressed with the watch and the build quality :) . However despite various internet searches I can find no information about Edele and was wondering if any of you guys had come across them. Were they a fashion label but made by another Swiss manufacturer or were they watch makers in there own right? The stats on the watch are:-

Width 35.5mm inc crown, Lug to Lug 39.5mm, Lug width 20mm.

Between the lugs it says PLAQUE G20. I'm guessing this may be something to do with the gold plating?

Automatic movement 21 jewel incabloc, make unknown.

Under the storage sticker the case back is marked SWISS, WATERPROOF, INCABLOC, ANTIMAGNETIC, AUTOMATIC, STAINLESS STEEL BACK, 5ATM.

I am not sure how to remove the caseback and so unable to photograph the movement at present.

Any info appreciated

Cheers

Rich