• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Joe Bonamassa

Mothman

Went to the Colston Hall in Bristol last night to catch Joe Bonamassa for the first time, and all I can say is 'Absolutely Friggin Awesome'.

Anyone into their Blues\Rock guitarists who has not seen this guy live, should get to do so at the earliest opportunity. Despite the fact he was suffering from a heavy bout of flu and being less than fully fit I would still rate him with the best of the best that I have seen :thumbup: .

Theres a rescheduled show in Manchester on Monday 17th (probably already sold out but worth checking), otherwise the next known UK show is 'The Royal Albert Hall' on 4th May 2009' ( tickets go on sale 'Friday November 21st'). I for one will definetly be there.

Rich

I missed out on seeing him earlier this year when he played the Shepherd's Bush Empire, but a friend of mine went and said he was awesome. I since looked at a few clips of his playing on Youtube, and certainly agree.

I would definitely be interested in booking tickets for his gig at the Albert Hall next year, but his website only gives tour dates up to the end of April, and there's nothing about it on the Albert Hall site's events calendar for next May either. Was it announced at the gig last night?

• 3 months later...

Picked up Joe's new CD "The Ballad of John Henry" & it's superb! - Huge talent now well up there with other blues rock guitar legends - I see he is back in the UK in April & playing the Albert Hall (wonder if I can talk the 710 into a trip to the smoke?) - Check out the CD :thumbsup:

Paul